Place Your Hand In Mine, We All Need Some Help Sometimes

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 4712 Words
❥Rating: Explicit
❥Warnings: 1st Timeline, Anal Sex, Anal Fingering, Comfort Sex, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicide Attempt, Depression, Poor Self Care, Semi-Public Sex, Shop Lifting, Porn With Feelings, Porn With Plot, Magical Healing Cock
❥Prompt: Klassic

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

When Scorpion had taken his personal vow of being the new Sub Zero's guardian, he never imagined the task would be quite so taxing.

If it wasn't enemies from Outworld, it was the cryomancer's own former clan hunting him down for desertion. It seemed Sub Zero was number one on a lot of hit lists. He tried to complete his work as quietly as possible, following Sub Zero from a distance and taking out anyone who attempted to harm him before they could get to him. Keep him safe without him really knowing.

But it was getting harder to do so when Sub Zero was being increasingly reckless.

He'd do things that made very little sense to Scorpion, taking routes that were fraught with danger, taking on fights where he had a massive disadvantage, eating and resting very little and wearing a ludicrously small amount of armour. It was almost like he was trying to get himself killed.

Tonight was another one of those nights where Sub Zero's actions made very little sense. They were in New York, Sub Zero wearing a hoodie over his usual armour to make himself look more normal. Scorpion followed from afar again, trying to keep out of the sight of both Sub Zero and the civilians around them. Sub Zero slipped down an alley, and Scorpion watched in interest as he clambered up a fire escape. He took the initiative to teleport to the roof.

Soon Sub Zero clambered up the edge. Scorpion slipped into the shadows, watching as the Lin Kuei took the hoodie off and threw it to the floor. He narrowed his eyes at the sight of Sub Zero's bare chest, open for display, just begging for someone to ram a sword through it. Even in the dark, he could see that Sub Zero had lost weight within the last few months.

He watched apprehensively, initially he had believed that maybe Sub Zero was meeting someone here. But as he slowly began to approached the edge of the roof, Scorpion began to get a sickening feeling. He reached for his Kunai, just in case he would have to make a quick move. He isn't about to do what I think he is, is he? Sub Zero stepped up close to the edge, and for a long moment he just stood there. The second Scorpion saw him lift a foot and hover it over the edge, he leapt into action.

"Get over here!" He threw his kunai into Sub Zero's shoulder, before yanking hard to pull the man back onto the roof. Sub Zero stumbled at the force, letting himself be dragged across the rooftop. Once Sub Zero was close enough he grabbed the mans wrist, fingers digging with such force he was sure there would be bruises.

Sub Zero regained his balance, shooting Scorpion a deathly glare. "I knew it! You've been following me! Why?"

The outburst caught Scorpion off guard. It made it sound like Sub Zero had done this on purpose to test him. If that was the case, then the action was reckless even by Sub Zero's standards.

"You did this to provoke a reaction from me?" Scorpion growled, pulling Sub Zero closer to him. Sub Zero didn't reply, but his gaze never faltered. "I've been trying to keep you safe, a miserable task when you are willingly throwing yourself into danger."

"I needed to be sure I wasn't getting paranoid," Sub Zero claimed, trying to pull his arm away.

"By almost getting yourself killed?" Scorpion hissed, Sub Zero didn't reply again, continuing to try and twist out of his grip.

"Why are you doing this?" Sub Zero jerked suddenly, clearly hoping the surprise of it would make Scorpion let go. It didn't, and if anything it just made him hold on tighter. "Why would you want to keep me safe?" There was no point being vague or lying, he'd likely get an angry response no matter what. Might as well be hated for something I'm doing rather than what I'm not.

"When I killed your brother, I inadvertently caused harm to you. You do not deserve to be a victim of my wrath. I protect you to atone for my sins." He was surprised when Sub Zero finally stopped his struggling. "Your attempts to lure me out have been troublesome. What if your paranoia had been wrong?" Sub Zero looked away, refusing to meet Scorpions gaze now. "Was this worth it? What if I had not been there to save you and you had fallen to your death?"

"Nothing of worth would have been lost," Sub Zero mumbled and Scorpion felt a shiver down his spine.

The sentence hung in the air, practically suffocating Scorpion as he tried to make sense of it. He'd suspected what he'd been witnessing had been a series of red flags, he just hadn't expected Sub Zero to be somewhat upfront about it. Up close, he could really see how bad a shape Sub Zero was in. He was clearly malnourished and dehydrated, his muscles a little too clear and ribs showing just a bit through his skin.

Scorpion gave a rough sigh, "when was the last time you ate?"

Sub Zero finally looked back at him, brows drawn in confusion. "Wednesday, maybe?"

Scorpion hissed. It was now Sunday. That was a long while to be without food. He reached for his Kunai, pulling it out of Sub Zero's shoulder with a wet squelch. Sub Zero gave a hiss of pain as he did.

"Stay here. If you try to leave, I will hunt you down, understand?" He warned. Sub Zero looked at him with wide eyes, reaching to press a hand to his bleeding shoulder. Eventually the Lin Kuei nodded, causing Hanzo to step away.

Engulfed in flames, he teleported down to the street. He glanced around, spotting a grocery store down the far end. He once again teleported in a flash of fire, appearing in an isle of the brightly lit shop. There was a scream from a few nearby customers, but he ignored them in favour of finding a food-to-go section. Once there, he grabbed a sandwich, a bottle of water and a pack of chocolates. He turned in time to find several of the stores staff having caught up to him. They looked horrified.

"My apologies," he stated, giving a small bow, trying to not drop his items. "I will one day reimburse you for these things I have taken."

And so he surrounded himself in fire once more. Next thing he knew, he was back up on the roof. He was surprised to find Sub Zero still there, sat at the edge of the roof, though thankfully he was faced inwards rather than towards this city below, his feet on solid ground. He had wrapped a piece of fabric around the wound in his shoulder. As Scorpion approached, Sub Zero's head snapped up. He looked at the food in Scorpion's hands warily as they were held out to him. Eventually he accepted the offering, placing the bottle and chocolates next to him and ripping open the sandwich packaging.

"Eat as much as you can," Scorpion ordered, going to sit next to Sub Zero. "From now on, you'll be eating on a regular basis."

Sub Zero frowned as he took a bite of the sandwich, "what are you, my dad?"

"Well clearly someone has to keep an eye on you since you are incapable of taking care of yourself." Sub Zero glared at him but said nothing. "Why have you not been receiving help from anyone? Surely the Special Forces must have a place for you."

"They don't particularly trust me, given my past." Sub Zero took another couple of bites. "Besides I don't want to bother anyone, or put them in danger."

Scorpion rubbed his eyes with his hand, "asking for help is not bothering people." Sub Zero didn't reply, just took a few gulps of water before returning to his sandwhich. Scorpion sighed, "how long have you been feeling suicidal?"

"I'm... not?" Sub Zero seemed genuinely confused by the sentiment.

"I just stopped you from jumping off a building," he pointed back in turn and Sub Zero rolled his eyes.

"I thought we already established that was me testing you," Sub Zero grumbled, licking some mayonnaise from the sandwich off one of his fingers.

"And you also established that you aren't overly concerned about the possibility of your death."

"I'm not, but that doesn't mean I'm suicidal," Sub Zero tried to argue, but the crack in his voice told Scorpion the truth. He wanted to die, by his own hand or someone else's didn't seem to matter. "I'm not actively trying to kill myself, I just, don't particularly care if I die."

"That still counts," Scorpion scolded, causing Sub Zero to flinch. "Tell me, are there days where you just wish you didn't exist?"

"Well, yes but doesn't everyone?" Sub Zero asked. Scorpion just stared at him. Sub Zero's Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed hard. "Everyone feels that way sometimes." There was a desperation in his voice, like he wanted so badly to believe this was normal.

"Kuai Liang-"

"Sub Zero," he snapped, cutting Scorpion off. Okay. His birth name is off limits for now then. "I know what your trying to do, and you need to stop. I'm not depressed."

"Right, I'll humour you then," Scorpion started, leaning back. "If you are not depressed, why have you eaten so little in the last few months?"

"I've been on the run, sorry I havn't had time to sit down for a four course meal," Sub Zero sarcastically replied, taking the last few bites of the sandwich. At least that was one less thing to worry about.

"And you constantly taking bad routes and starting fights you struggle to win?"

"We've been over that, that was me baiting you."

"Okay and what about your armour?" Hanzo questioned, pointing directly at Sub Zero's exposed chest. "You are practically inviting someone to pierce your lungs wearing so little."

Sub Zero shifted, his cheeks going red slightly, "I uh, found that I kept overheating wearing my full get up," he admitted, one hand going to rub his wrist. "I've never had an issue with it before, but recently... Either way not wearing as much helps." His hand stilled and he bit his lip. "Also I am a bit of a slut and I feel like my outfit should reflect that."

Scorpion choked at that, the reaction clearly being what Sub Zero intended given the smirk on his face. He took a long sip of water like he'd won some sort of battle.

"You don't exactly act promiscuous," Scorpion pointed out. He supposed he might just have missed that behaviour but he'd been tailing Sub Zero for months now, and it wasn't really a trait he'd noticed.

"Again, I have been on the run," Sub Zero announced, "getting dick isn't exactly easy right now."

"Well not with that attitude," Scorpion muttered, although he immediately regretted it. He hoped he'd said it low enough, but given the look on Sub Zero's face it was clear he'd heard.

"Are you offering, Scorpion?" Sub Zero purred, leaning towards him slightly. Scorpion jerked back, feeling heat blossom across his face, a feat he hadn't thought was still possible, given he had fire in his veins and only half a face. Sub Zero chuckled, and drew back, muttering under his breath "of course."

Not for the first time, Scorpion was taken aback by Sub Zero's reaction. He seemed almost disappointed. Weird.

"Do you want to have sex with me?" Hanzo enquired, and now it was Sub Zero's turn to splutter.

"Wow, and people say I don't beat around the bush," he said in a breathless laugh.

"You seemed disappointed," Scorpion noted, narrowing his eyes.

"I guess I was," Sub Zero admitted, crossing his arms in front of him and looking down as his feet. "But I suppose that is more my own self-pity talking."

"And you try to claim you aren't depressed." It was so obvious to Scorpion, yet he supposed Sub Zero had led a different life to him. A life where both physical and mental wellbeing were not prioritised. This could be all Sub Zero had ever known, and he'd never realise what he was feeling wasn't normal. "Kuai Liang, how long have you been feeling like this?"

Sub Zero continued to stare at his feet, his hand reached to caress the scar on his face. "I don't know. I think it's always been there, but somehow everything's been worse since-" Sub Zero hesitated, Scorpion knew what he was going to say.

"Since Bi-Han's death," Scorpion finished for him.

Sub Zero nodded, before adding "it was like that was just a catalyst for a series of shitty events." Scorpion noticed a tear roll down Sub Zero's cheek, he reached forward to wipe it away. "First he died, then the Lin Kuei began the Cyber Initiative, Smoke sacrificing himself for me, Kano attacking and giving me this scar..." Sub Zero's speech trailed off, his gaze was empty now. "I'm just... So tired."

Those two words sounded so small and broken. He wanted to tell the other man it was not a weakness to ask for help, but somehow it felt like it wouldn't be believed. But maybe, he could find a way to get the other man to accept it. It wasn't the best plan, having sex with someone was hardly the answer for such a complex problem, but maybe in a weird way it could help. Assure Sub Zero he was in good hands, that there was someone out there who wanted to aid him. It might make him feel safe and loved.

Sub Zero was a handsome man, and while this was definitely not about Scorpion's feelings right now, he could see in another life that he might have acted on that fact sooner. If they had met under different circumstances.

It is worth a shot...

He reached a hand forward, chancing placing it on Sub Zero's thigh. The other man jumped and looked at him in shock. "Hanzo?"

"Physical intimacy will not magically heal you, but it might temporarily distract you until you are willing accept a more extensive form of my help," he stated matter of factly.

Sub Zero laughed in disbelief, "good to know you're that confident in your ability to fuck." Scorpion rolled his eyes before testing Sub Zero by moving his hand slightly further up. Sub Zero's breath hitched. "Oh. You aren't joking."

"No." Scorpion squeezed slightly. "We do not have to do anything, if you do not wish. Just allow me to prove to you my intent's to assist you are true."

Sub Zero stared at him, his eyes flicking to the hand on his thigh. "Well... Admittedly I am now curious." Sub Zero hesitantly put his hand over Hanzo's.

"Is that a yes?" Scorpion questioned, watching Sub Zero's face intently. He wouldn't act until he's gotten verbal consent. Sub Zero brushed his thumb along Hanzo's knuckles.

"Okay," Sub Zero finally said nodding as he did. "Show me what you can do."

Scorpion nodded, his hand reaching Sub Zero's crotch and squeezing gently. Sub Zero let out a moan, as Scorpion released him. Scorpion stood up, putting his hand on Sub Zero's shoulder so he could not follow him.

"Turn over," Scorpion ordered. Sub Zero tilted his head, but eventually complied. Scorpion reached forward to guide Sub Zero to bend over the edge, not too far that he was in any danger.

Scorpion hummed to himself, trailing his hand along Sub Zero's spine causing him to shudder. He ignored the numerous scars on the other man's back for now, even if they were concerning. That was a conversation for later. He had suspicion he knew what they were the result of, Lin Kuei practices were rather infamous, especially their method's of discipline. Instead he let his hand go lower, grabbing at Sub Zero's ass through his clothes. It was like this he could really take in how form fitting his leggings were, it didn't leave much to the imagination.

Still he reached under the hem of Sub Zero leggings and underwear, swiftly pulling both down at the same time. He let the clothes pool around Sub Zero's knees. Scorpion trailed his hands along the inside of Sub Zero's thighs, gently parting his legs as he did.

Sub Zero trembled under him as Scorpions hands returned to his ass, roughly groping the flesh under his palms. He parted the cheeks, staring the Lin Kuei's entrance. He traced his thumb around the rim, frowning a little. He hadn't really considered the need for lubrication. He tried to remember if he had anything he could use or if he'd have to teleport back to that grocery store quickly.

"Left pocket," Sub Zero instructed, craning his head to look over his shoulder. Scorpion wasn't sure what he meant, but let go of Sub Zero's ass in favour of rooting through the pocket in question. He blinked when his fingers brushed against what felt like small foil packets of something. He pulled it out, and found a collection of condom packets in his hand. He shot Sub Zero a look, who shrugged in return as best he could. "I like to be prepared."

"So it would seem," Scorpion chuckled, ripping one of the packs open. He rolled the condom down his finger, before experimentally pushing against Sub Zero's hole. He tensed slightly, as Scorpion rested his hand on his hip. "Relax, I'll be gentle."

"Forgive me if I find you and gentle hard to picture together," Sub Zero muttered, resting his head against the floor.

"I may be fire and rage, but I still remember how to treat a lover," he assured him as he felt Sub Zero finally relax enough for his finger to slip inside.

Sub Zero giggled immaturely as he teased "oohh, I'm your lover hm?"

"Behave," he reprimanded, slapping Sub Zero's ass lightly in warning. Sub Zero quietly yelped, jolting forward slightly. Scorpion pushed down on Sub Zero's lower back as his finger slid in to the second knuckle. Sub Zero squirmed slightly, and Scorpion stopped for fear he was hurting the other man. "Are you alright?"

"Hm, yes," Sub Zero replied, "feels good."

Scorpion laughed under his breath, his finger slowly pressing in and out. He slipped a second finger into the condom, pushing in gently. Sub Zero made a small gasp, but it didn't sound like he was in pain. Scorpion continued to thrust in and out, occasionally scissoring his fingers open and encouraging Sub Zero to open up for him. Soon he felt loose enough for a third finger, and eventually a forth.

Satisfied, Scorpion pulled his fingers out, removing the condom from them and discarding it, reaching to tear into a new packet.

"Excuse me, do you think I have an infinite supply of those things?" Sub Zero tutted, not bothering to lift his head but still looking back towards Scorpion.

"It's easier to get a fresh one on," Scorpion claimed, reaching down for his zipper, pulling it down and moving his underwear just enough to free his hard cock. Sub Zero made a very strange high pitched noise and Scorpion looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "What?"

"Hm, I uh... Don't think I've ever been with anyone that big before," Sub Zero admitted, rubbing his mouth.

"That's quite the ego stroke, thank you," Scorpion chuckled as he slid the condom over his cock. Satisfied it was in place, he stepped forward, resting his cock between Sub Zero's ass cheeks. "Like I said, I will be gentle. Do you still want me to do this?"

"Yes," Sub Zero said in a breathy tone, "god yes."

"Very well," Scorpion acknowledged, lining himself up with Sub Zero's hole. He slowly pushed into the ring of muscle, Sub Zero letting out a drawn out moan as he did. When he was about halfway in, he paused to ask "still okay?"

"Yes, holy shit," Sub Zero between breaths, hands braced either side of his head as he slowly pushed back against Scorpion. "Please, please more."

Scorpion was happy to oblige. He continued forward, hands gripping Sub Zero's hips as he watched more of his cock enter the other man's body. Soon he'd bottomed out, sucking in his breath as the sight of Sub Zero stretched around him. He stayed like that for a while, just admiring such a beautiful sight. Sub Zero's legs trembled. Scorpion rubbed his thumbs in circles on Sub Zero's hips.

"Ready?" He asked.

Sub Zero made a short whine, and rolled his hips. "Please," he begged, and Scorpion found he could not say no to such a sweet request.

He drew back until only the head of his cock was left inside, before slowly pushing back in, Sub Zero moving his hips too and meeting him half way. It didn't take long for them to get into a steady rhythm, Scorpion trying to not loose too much control and go too rough. Maybe Sub Zero was into that, but right now, that was not the aim and certainly not what Sub Zero needed. He needed a gentle hand, something to soothe the storm inside him before it got out of control and nothing remained of the man known as Sub Zero.

He needed to convince Kuai Liang that he could be saved.

Scorpion repositioned himself slightly, bending over Sub Zero until his chest was flush with Sub Zero's back. Hanzo placed one hand around Sub Zero's wrist, pinning it to the floor, while the other reached to gently hold his chin. He rested his head on Sub Zero's shoulder, the other man twisting his own to try and plant a kiss onto Hanzo's mask as their lower half's worked in unison to bring them pleasure.

"Kuai Liang," Scorpion said, using the hand cupping Sub Zero's chin to direct it forward. "Look around, tell me what you see."

Sub Zero pondered the question, brows knitting together and clearly confused. "New York City?"

Scorpion responded with a particularly hard thrust. Gasping at the motion, Sub Zero's fingernails left scratches in the concrete as he curled his fingers into fists.

"No. On the street below." He helped reposition Sub Zero's head to look down. To watch the citizens of New York City walking down the street, blissfully unaware of the two men making love several metres above them.

"I don't know? People living their lives, I guess?" He questioned, pushing back against Scorpion.

"Yes. People who go through day to day life." Scorpion paused his movements, fully buried inside, and Sub Zero made a sound between a grunt and a sigh. "If one of them came to you, requesting your help, what would you do?"

"What kind of question is that?" Sub Zero asked, sounding almost offended at the insinuation. "I'd do whatever I could do assist them."

"And would they be a bother to you?" Scorpion asked, lazily thrusting forward humming at the feeling.

"No, of course not," Sub Zero whispered, voice still thick with confusion and completely unaware of his hypocrisy or what Hanzo was trying to get at.

"So why would you asking for help be a bother?" Scorpion questioned, and Sub Zero made a strange noise. Scorpion nuzzled his face next to his ear, "please. I promise you are not a burden, if you ask me to help you, I will do everything in my power to do so."

There was a tear rolling down Sub Zero's cheek, Scorpion reached to wipe it away.

"Scorpion... Hanzo, I-" Sub Zero shuddered, squeezing his eyes shut, and a raw sob erupting from his lips. "I... I'm scared, Hanzo," Sub Zero finally admitted. "I've never... never been so scared."

"I know." Scorpion wished he had lips so he could plant comforting kisses to Sub Zero's neck. Instead the best he could to was nuzzle into Sub Zero's cheek. "I know, but you don't deserve to feel scared. You don't deserve to feel the hurt you do. You deserve to be safe and happy. I will be your guardian, your protector, if you will let me."

Sub Zero swallowed deeply, turning to plant another passionate kiss against Scorpion's mask about where his lips would be. He pulled away, blinking away tears.

"Help me, please," Kuai whispered.

Scorpion wrapped his arms around Sub Zero's chest.

"I will, I'll do all I can to save you."

With that, Hanzo began to thrust again, and Sub Zero gasped taken off guard but was soon moving in time again. Scorpion pinched one of Sub Zero's nipples, before training the hand down his torso. Eventually he found Sub Zero's cock, wrapping his hand around it and gently squeezing as he stroked it up and down.

"S-Scorpion," Kuai whispered, bracing his hands on the ground as he desperately rocked his hips. "Oh, oh fuck." His movements became desperate, chasing after the feelings. "Please, oh god, please."

"What do you want, snowflake?" Scorpion asked, as he pumped Sub Zero's cock in his hands.

"Ah, more, please, faster," Sub Zero whined, everything was becoming more frantic. Once more, it was a request Scorpion was more than happy to fullfil.

Everything got faster, harder, the noises Sub Zero was making loud and lewd. Quite frankly Scorpion had no idea how no one had seen them at this point.

"Scorpion! Hanzo!" Sub Zero's cries were like music to his ears and Scorpion knew it was a warning he was coming to climax.

Scorpion doubled his efforts, making sure his thrusts were deep and hard while his hand stroked Sub Zero in a fervour. Sub Zero made a loud cry, before Scorpion felt the other mans cock twitch and then cum dripping down his hand. The orgasm caused Sub Zero to clench down, enough to bring Scorpion over the edge too. He came, hard, filling the condom up. He stayed for a few minutes, holding Sub Zero's slumped body to him while he began to soften.

Eventually he moved, slipping out of Sub Zero. Reluctantly he let go of the other man, reaching down to discard the condom, wipe the cum from his hand, and tuck himself back in. Looking back, Sub Zero hadn't moved, completely still aside from his heavy breathing. Scorpion reached for Sub Zero's leggings and gently pulled them back up to give the former Lin Kuei his modesty back.

Finally Sub Zero pushed himself up, stumbling slightly but Scorpion went to catch him before he could fall. Once satisfied that Sub Zero was stable, he drew away. He reached for the bottle of water and chocolate, passing both to the cryomancer. He took a big gulp of the water but afterwards hesitated regarding the chocolate.

"You should have a couple," Scorpion instructed, pushing a strand of hair from Sub Zero's sweaty face. "You likely need the energy boost."

Sub Zero silently nodded, tearing open the package. He held a piece in his fingers and stared at it intently. Had Sub Zero ever had chocolate before? The way his eyes widened when he finally placed it in his mouth, like he was surprised by how good it tasted, seemed to imply he hadn't. What other simple pleasures had Sub Zero been denied by his clan? Scorpion did not know, but he was determined to find them all, let the poor man know that there was more to life than endless battle and bloodshed.

That even those small simple pleasures were worth holding onto for dear life.

"Are you well?" Scorpion asked, concerned by Sub Zero's silence.

"That was..." Sub Zero trailed off before he finished his sentenced. He stared blankly out across the city, before turning to look at Scorpion. "Thank you."

Scorpion nodded, and held out his hand, "come with me, Kuai Liang. Let me show you there's another way."

Sub Zero smiled, small but it was possibly the first truly genuine one Scorpion had seen from the man.

Kuai Liang took his hand, and Hanzo drew him close, so he could teleport them both somewhere far away.

Somewhere Kuai Liang would be safe.

⊰ Last FicSubScorp Week 2021Next Fic ⊱
⏎Return To SubScorp Week 2021 Masterlist⏎