No Bunny Compares To You

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1118 Words
❥Rating: General
❥Warnings: Tooth-Rotting Fluff, Rabbits, Rabbit Dad Kuai Liang
❥Prompt: Rabbit

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

It was rare that Kuai Liang didn't greet Hanzo at the front of the Lin Kuei temple. The Lin Kuei student at the door bowed to him as he approached. Immediately Hanzo's thoughts were wondering if his beloved was sick or otherwise incapacitated.

"The Grandmaster apologises for not greeting you as normal Grandmaster Hasashi," the student spoke. "Something has come up, but you are welcome to join him."

Hanzo raised his eyebrow at that, but it was likely that he was just busy with paper work. He could put aside his fears the other man was hurting then. Still Hanzo followed the student through the halls, until he was led to Kuai Liang's personal quarters. Before he went to take the doorknob, the student placed a hand on Hanzo's shoulder.

"Fair warning, this is a little strange, even by the Grandmaster's standards."

And then the student was off. Strange even by Kuai Liang's standards? Dear lord, what is waiting for me behind this door? Hanzo took the doorknob in his hand, twisting and slowly opening the door.

"Kuai Liang? Are you ok-" the door opened to reveal the room, and Hanzo paused at the sight before him. "Oh no."

Kuai was sat cross legged on the floor, inside a wire pen, with a white rabbit on his lap, and four other smaller rabbits hopping around him. On the outside of the pen, sat Weena, Kuai Liang's dachshund, who gave Hanzo a confused glance, an impressive feat for a dog. Weena gave a small bark of greeting, before turning her attention back to her master and his guests.

Kuai meanwhile looked up from the rabbit in his lap, and gave Hanzo a bright grin, "Hi honey, look what I found!"

Elder gods, help me with this one. Hanzo slowly closed the door behind him, walking over and covering his hand with his mouth.

"Do I want to know?" Hanzo asked, watching as two of the smaller rabbits jumped around each other clearly playing.

"Ah, scouts reported suspicious activity at the base of the mountain," Kuai explained, stroking the rabbit in his lap. "Turns out there was a small crate and someone had abandoned these sweet things. Can you believe how cruel some people can be?"

"So, you brought them home instead of taking them to a shelter?" Hanzo questioned. Why was this even surprising at this point? Kuai had already gained a habit of bringing home stray animals, what with Weena and the Lin Kuei Dragons. If anything it was completely in character for him to bring home a bunch of rabbits.

"I don't know where the nearest one that takes rabbits is," Kuai excused, giggling as one of the smaller ones flopped down next to him. "And I couldn't just leave them."

"Okay, um, you realise you can't really keep them right?" Hanzo reasoned, and Kuai immediately began pouting.

"What? Why? They're fine!" Kuai stated, shuffling to stand up but still keeping the one he was holding in his arms. "I can feed them and keep them warm and safe."

"What about her?" Hanzo asked, pointing at Weena. The dachshund tilted her head at him. "Isn't she a breed that was purposefully bred to hunt rabbits?"

"She's fine with them," Kuai argued, "Besides I'm not leaving her alone with them, and thats why she's on the other side of the pen. Right Weena?" Weena barked in agreement. "See?"

"Oh my god, Kuai Liang," Hanzo moaned, planting his palm on his forehead. "I mean, I get it, you want to help them but this isn't like the dragons, they have no practical use for the Lin Kuei."

"Who says they don't?" Kuai replied, sounding like he was only half joking. "I could train them to attack on command, I'm sure."

"Okay and what about when the babies grow up?" Hanzo asked, gesturing to the smaller rabbits. "You know rabbits are infamous for breeding extremely fast, right?"

"Well yes, I intend to get them nurtured Hanzo." Kuai rolled his eyes.

"You have this all figured out, don't you?" Hanzo deadpanned, and Kuai gave him another grin, this one far more shit eating that the previous.

"Yes, I have," he said proudly. He tilted his head and pursed his lips. "Come on Hanzo," he whined, holding up the rabbit in his arms towards Hanzo. "Look how cute Snowdrop here is."

"Oh fucking hell, you've named them already," Hanzo grumbled. Granted Kuai had a point, they were very cute, but that didn't seem like a compelling reason to keep them.

"I absolutely have," Kuai claimed, bringing the rabbit back to him and kissing her on the head. "This is Mama Snowdrop." Kuai bent down to finally put her down, before pointing at a cream coloured one, "that's Butterscotch." He pointed at a white and black spotted one, "that is Speckles." He moved on to a pure black one "that's Nightshade." He pointed at the final rabbit, a white one aside from a small stripe of cream on it's nose and black ears, "and that is Sub Zero Junior."

Kuai turned to look back at Hanzo again, and all Hanzo could do was just stare blankly at the man in front of him. A man who, for reasons he couldn't currently fathom, he was head over heels in love with.

"I want a divorce," Hanzo stated, watching Kuai's face screw up.

"We aren't even married yet."

"Well, when we get married, I am immediately filing for divorce." Kuai gave him a hurt look, and Hanzo couldn't help but laugh. He lent over the pen, and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Who am I kidding? How could I ever divorce you?" He pulled away and watched the rabbits play around Kuai's feet. "I suppose if you want to keep them, I won't stop you."

"Thank you," Kuai replied, his turn to lean over the pen and kiss the corner of Hanzo's mouth.

"Just promise me you're not going to make them tiny Lin Kuei uniforms like you did for her," Hanzo questioned, pointing at Weena, who had decided she was bored of what was going on, instead having made herself comfortable on the bed and was proceeding to ignore them all.

"You know that's a promise I can't keep," Kuai teased, and Hanzo shot him a disapproving look. Kuai snorted, "oh fine, you big spoil sport."

"Thank you." Hanzo patted Kuai's cheek.

"Want to come into the pen and pet them?" Kuai offered with a giggle.

"Oh, go on then," Hanzo sighed like it was a huge inconvenience.

Despite that, he hopped over the pen, accepting his fate of being foster father for a bunch of rabbit kits for the next few hours.

⊰ Last FicSubScorp Week 2021Next Fic ⊱
⏎Return To SubScorp Week 2021 Masterlist⏎