Objection (Tango)

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang, Tomas Vrbada/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1220 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Canon divergent (maybe), Love Triangles, Possessive language and actions, Angry Tango Dances, Two grown ass men fighting over another man, Kung Jin being a messy bitch who lives for drama
❥Prompt: Objection (Tango) - Shakira

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Everything about this was despicable.

Tomas stood off to the side-lines of the dance floor, arms crossed and scowling at the disgusting display in front of him. Kuai Liang dancing in the arms of Hanzo Hasashi. Dancing in the arms of the enemy. Tomas had no idea what Hasashi was doing to his friend, what spell he was casting over him, but whatever it was it was working. And that fact annoyed him more than anything.

And it wasn't like Hasashi had no idea how Tomas felt about Kuai. He did. He did and he deliberately stayed. Deliberately did everything in his power to out do Tomas' efforts in romance. Tomas was awkward with his feelings where Hasashi was smooth, already familiar with the words and actions to woo the heart of another. How the hell could Tomas ever compete with that?

Why the fuck was he still determined to try?

He would not be outdone by a Shirai Ryu. He would not let Kuai fall for the charms of this wolf in sheep's clothing. He would not loose his best friend to Hanzo fucking Hasashi of all people.

He stormed across the dance floor, waiting for the perfect moment to subtly get Kuai away from the other man. Despite his distaste for Hasashi, he didn't want to accidentally upset his best friend in his efforts to win this war. There was a split second where Kuai separated from his dance partner, and Tomas jumped at the opportunity.

He grabbed Kuai's hand and, as gently as he possibly could, pulled the other man to him. Kuai seemed surprised by the sudden outburst, but this seemed to pass as Tomas smiled at him. Wrapping as arm around to Kuai's back, Tomas began to lead the dance. He didn't know much about dancing, and his movements were definitely no where near as graceful as Hasashi's but it seemed Kuai didn't mind too much.

It was almost intoxicating, being this close to Kuai. He'd spent years longing to be like this with him. Had he listened to Johnny's advice years ago, maybe he wouldn't have the problem he did now, but he hadn't and all he could do now was try to get back into control.

He released Kuai slightly to spin the other man on the spot. In the second it took for him to blink, Hasashi had once more managed to take Kuai from him. Kuai looked perplexed by what was going on, while Hasashi shot Tomas a look of pure venom. He hissed slightly. Awaiting the next chance he could get to grab Kuai again.

The opportunity came when Hasashi dipped Kuai downwards, he briefly let go upon bringing him back up. Tomas yanked Kuai away again. The poor man looked rather dizzy from all the back and forth, but Tomas also knew his friend well enough to know he was far too polite to actually say anything about it.

It went on like this for a few songs, every time there was an opportunity, the two men would take the chance to get Kuai to their own. Kuai was starting to look very uncomfortable with what was happening, and while Tomas knew he was technically to blame, he had started it after all, he couldn't help but shift all the wrong doings onto Hasashi. If he'd just let Tomas have Kuai then this wouldn't be happening!

There was a break in a song, a loud announcement to switch partners. Despite that demand, he knew damn well Hanzo was unlikely to give up the cryomancer.

He had to be quick and grab Kuai again before Hasashi had the chance. Darting in the direction of where Kuai and Hasashi were, he reached and took hold of the first hand he found, before finding himself being pulled forwards and meeting his dance partner and...

He was face to face with Hasashi.

Hasashi looked as surprised as Tomas felt, how the hell hadn't he noticed who's hand he was taking? A sudden fear developed of where the hell Kuai had gone. Possibly the other man had genuinely had enough of their petty fighting and just walked off. Possibly they'd actually hurt him. Tomas wouldn't forgive himself if they had. He wouldn't forgive Hasashi either but that was on principle.

There was a whistle to the left of them, and both their heads snapped over.

There was Kuai Liang, now in the arms of Kung Jin, and looking equal parts confused and relieved by the turn of events. Jin was looking at them both with a knowing smirk on his face, definitely the person who had whistled at them. He'd grabbed Kuai before both of them on purpose the little shit. He winked at them, before turning his attention to the cryomancer in his arms and starting to lead Kuai in dance. Tomas thought he just about saw Kuai mouth the words “thank you” to his saviour, before they disappeared into the crowd.

Tomas turned his attention back to Hasashi, and the two shared a tense scowl. Neither of them wanted to cause a scene. They'd have to have this dance until they could reasonably separate without anyone noticing something was wrong.

Both men attempted to lead the dance, neither wanting to back down and submit to the other. Tomas maintained eye contact the entire time, even as they both violently threw each other around the dance floor. It was like the entire rest of the room faded, leaving just the two of them to battle it out between them. By the songs halfway point, Tomas was dizzy from all the back and forth, suddenly feeling sympathetic to Kuai's previous plight.

He wasn't about to loose however, this was just as much a fight as any he'd been in before. Even as Hanzo tried to dip him he fought against it, pushing back and trying to force the other man into it instead. In a moment of quick thinking, he stuck his leg between Hasashi's, kicking the back of his ankle causing him to loose balance and allowing Tomas the advantage. Hasashi's face flushed red with anger, looking two seconds away from just snapping and murdering everyone in the room.

Finally the song came to an end and the two men were finally able to let go without it seeming odd.

“This isn't over,” Tomas snarled lowly. “Kuai Liang is mine.” He winced slightly at his own words, feeling slightly sick that he had spoken about Kuai as if he was a possession to own. As if Tomas had claim of that ownership.

Hasashi's eyes narrowed, “keep dreaming Vrbada, because it's never going to happen.”

And with that Hasashi stormed off across the room to join Kenshi.

Tomas sighed, his gaze landing back on the dancefloor, where Kuai was still dancing with Jin, the pair seemingly discussing something private given the way their eyes kept darting around as if they were worried about someone over hearing. Tomas knew deep down what it was they were discussing, and he had no doubt he'd have some explaining to do later.

For now, he resigned himself, pouring out some punch into the glass and watching wistfully as his best friend laughed at something the younger man holding him had said said.

This night was the worst.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎