Happy Halloween

❥Pairing: Raiden/Jax, Jax/Vera
❥Word Count: 643 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Polyamory (M/M & M/F), Trick or treating, Kid Jacqui being adorable, Fluff, Brief mention of a bunny girl costume
❥Prompt: Happy Halloween - Raon Lee

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“So what do you think?”

Raiden looked around from the window to see Jax in a waist coat and wearing a red lined cape that attached to the cuff's of his shirt. He couldn't tell from this far away, but he could have sworn Jax's canines looked sharper.

“What exactly are you meant to be?” Raiden questioned as the other man approached him. Closer he could see that he'd been right about Jax's teeth.

“What do you mean what am I?” Jax asked in an offended tone, bringing the cape around him. “I'm a vampire!”

“Oh, of course, it was so obvious,” Raiden rumbled in response. He'd met vampires, the native species of Vaeternus, and he'd never met any that dressed quite like that. He supposed he might have missed a trend somewhere.

“Anyway, never mind my costume, where's yours?” Jax asked, hands on hips and looking Raiden up and down.

“This is my costume,” Raiden spoke as he gestured to what was just his usual clothing. “I'm going as Lord Raiden, God of Thunder.”

“So let me get this straight, you're telling me you're going trick or treating as yourself?” Raiden nodded proudly, his plan to avoid wearing some ridiculous costume worked. “That's unfortunate. Having two Lord Raiden's might be a bit much.”

Before Raiden had the chance to ask what he meant by that, he heard the pitter patter of small feet rush into the room. One glance at little Jacqui explained everything.

“I'm Lord Raiden, god of thunder,” she cheerfully announced in her miniature replica of the god's outfit, down to the minuet details. Vera must have made it for her especially. Jacqui looked up at Raiden with a huge grin on her face, and it made Raiden's resolve falter slightly.

“She insisted on the outfit,” Jax said, elbowing him lightly. “So are we gonna have two Lord Raiden's or is one of you going to change?”

Raiden looked at him for a few seconds, oh Jax was wearing that stupid smile he'd get when he knew he'd won in one their battle of wits. Because Jax knew that Raiden wouldn't deny his (sort of) step-daughter something like this.

“Oh you are evil,” Raiden muttered, hating the triumphant look on Jax's face. “I assume since you have this all planned out, you already have a costume for me.”

“We absolutely do,” Vera sang from the doorway, dressed in a long black dress and floppy hat, holding a package of something in her hands. She threw the object at Raiden, and he caught it, looking at what he'd been given. It was a costume set that the packaging labelled as being a devil.

“I suppose it could have been worse,” Raiden spoke, trying to hide from his boyfriend and his boyfriend's wife the small smile on his face. It was a ridiculous outfit yes, and he knew Jax would have oh so much fun teasing him about it, but it really was quite modest.

“Yeah well, you're lucky she talked me out of getting you the bunny girl outfit,” Jax chuckled, Oh there it was, the teasing already started and he hadn't even put the thing on yet. “Anyway, better get it on quick before everyone else get's the good candy and we're left only with candy corn.” Jacqui gave a small horrified gasp at the mere thought.

Raiden rolled his eyes, he wasn't sure what this candy corn was but he was certain it wasn't the end of the world like Jax was trying to make it seem. Still he made his way past them, to go and try and get the costume on as quickly as possible. For Jacqui's sake obviously, and not because he wanted to.

Well, okay maybe he wanted to a little bit.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎