What I Go To School For

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 717 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: College Professor AU, Student’s having crushes on Professors, Oblivious to others attraction, Brief mention of Polyamory
❥Prompt: What I Go To School For - Busted

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Hanzo glared at the sign up sheet. Usually his Japanese class had at least 30 students sign up (occasionally more depending on how many freshman were anime fans), but this year there was only 10. He wasn't sure what the hell caused the sudden drop.

“If your mumbling for the reason I think you are,” Kenshi cut in from across the staff room. “You've had a drop off of people joining your language class because there's a new literature professor who's started a Mandarin class, and half the student body are, as the youth say, thirsting after him.”

“What?” Hanzo, despite working with young adults the majority of the time, was still not exactly “down” with the latest slang.

“He's extremely attractive,” Kenshi explained, before frowning slightly, “Apparently... Not that I would know.” Kenshi pursed his lips for a few seconds. “Though his voice is pretty nice.”

Hanzo rolled his eyes. “Aren't you engaged?”

“Yeah but we're polyamorous so it's fine.” Kenshi said with a cheeky grin and Hanzo shook his head even if the action couldn't be seen, because he was fairly sure that's not how that worked. “If you're that bothered by it though, why don't you go talk to him?”

“I will,” Hanzo declared, and went storming off out the door. He paused, before walking backwards until he was back in the doorway. “Which room is it?”

“203,” Kenshi replied with a low laugh. Hanzo thanked him, turning to walk the opposite way.

It didn't take too long to get to the classroom in question. He walked in, not really expecting much out of it, though was surprised to see a few students already sat in the front of the class. He raised an eyebrow at them, two girls were whispering to each other while a third was leaning her head on her hands and sightly dreamily. Hanzo rolled his eyes, he didn't care how attractive someone was, that was just a weird and tired clique.

He turned his attention to the desk at the front of the class, where a man, he assumed this fabled teacher, had his back to the room while he was messing around with something on the desk.

“Excuse me,” Hanzo spoke to get the man's attention. He was immediately alert and turned around to face Hanzo. Hanzo had to stop his jaw from dropping because he definitely got the student's feelings on this man. Hanzo couldn't even describe why he was attractive, he just was. Short black hair with a trim beard to match, a well defined face combined the brightest blue eyes he'd ever seen in his life. Even the large scar that ran across the right side of his face and the absolutely dorkiest glasses and sweater combo he wore just added to the appeal.

“Can I help you?” the man asked with a smile, and Hanzo had to very quickly pull himself together lest he look a fool in front of this beautiful stranger.

“Ah, sorry. I'm Professor Hanzo Hasashi, I just thought I should come and welcome you to the college.” Smooth. Or at least he hoped he was smooth, the fact the man offered his hand to shake his was hopeful.

“It's nice to meet you, I'm Professor Kuai Liang Song,” Kuai replied brightly, and Hanzo tried so hard not to hold his hand a little too long. “You work with Professor Takahashi in the science department, do you not?”

“That's correct. Though most of my work if just setting various things on fire and seeing what happens,” Hanzo joked and Kuai laughed in turn. “You're literature are you not?” Hanzo watched as Kuai lent back against his desk nodding in conformation. From somewhere behind him he swore to god he heard one of the girls sigh. “Kenshi told me you're teaching a Mandarin class...”

“I am! Actually, this is the first class,” Kuai replied, briefly glancing behind Hanzo. A look over Hanzo's shoulder told him the class was slowly filling up. “You could sit in if you'd like to see,” Kuai suggested before frowning and biting his lip. “If you have no prior commitments, that is...”

“I have a free period.” Or at least he had no classes to teach, technically he should hang around the office in case any student's needed to speak with him, but he trusted Kenshi to hold the fort for an hour or so. “I'd love to sit in, if it won't be a distraction.”

“Not at all,” Kuai giggled with a sweet smile, and Hanzo felt his heart clench. God, the student's have good taste, I have to give them that.

Hanzo took a short bow before wander off to the side of the room, where there was a single free seat on the front row he could just slip into. It took only a few more minutes for the class to finish filling out and the bell to ring, prompting Kuai to welcome the students.

Hanzo sat back and watching in interest as Kuai introduced the class to the basics of Mandarin. He was very thorough, but still managed to keep even the wall on information he was giving interesting. His genuine passion seemed to help with that also.

Hanzo took a minute to glance at the students, trying to judge how they were finding the class. Pretty much everyone was staring at the front with hearts in their eyes. He looked back to Kuai trying to work out if the other professor even noticed the way everyone in the room was looking at him. If he did, he definitely didn't let it show.

A student near Hanzo dropped a pencil that went sliding across the floor. Kuai walked over and bent over to pick it up. An entire row of students slowly lent over their desks, presumably to get a look at the man's ass. The second he was back on his feet, the class straightened back out, and Kuai cluelessly walked over to give the student back his pencil, before continuing the class.

Oh dear lord, he is completely oblivious, isn't he?

Kuai was one of those people. The type who didn't know how good looking they were. This entire classroom was completely whipped for him and he had absolutely no idea.

Hanzo had to put a hand over his mouth to hide his amused smirk.

By the time the class was over, Hanzo had no idea how he'd managed to keep his composure. Several students approached to talk to their teacher, from what he could hear it was questions about reading and assignments, but Hanzo had a feeling it was all just excuses to get close to the man.

When the final students filed out of the room, Hanzo finally stood up himself and approached Kuai, who looked over to him with a hopeful look.

“So, did you enjoy the class?” Kuai asked, clasping his hands in front of him.

“You have no idea what's going on here do you?” Hanzo couldn't help but tease, almost bursting out with laughter when Kuai tilted his head innocently.

“What do you mean?” He definitely didn't realise what effect he had on people. Dear god, he's completely adorable.

“It doesn't matter,” he replied, reaching a hand and lightly patting Kuai's bicep. “Sorry, your class was excellent.” The way Kuai's face lit up at the complement made Hanzo want to just pet his head, but he didn't think they were quite at that level of familiarity yet. We could be, though. “Do you have any plans for lunch?”

“Nothing special.” Kuai pushed his glasses back up his nose. “Do you have something in mind?”

“Well, I do know this place...”

Hanzo had a feeling this year was going to be very interesting.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎