Innocence

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang/Harumi Hasashi
❥Word Count: 525 Words
❥Rating: General
❥Warnings: Harumi Lives AU, Polyamory (M/M/F) Brief mention of the Shirai Ryu Massacre, Implied/Referenced Abuse, otherwise this one if pretty fluffy
❥Prompt: Innocence - Avril Lavigne

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Harumi awoke to the feeling of the sun kissing her face. Eyes fluttering open, she was greeted by a wonderful sight.

Her husbands laying asleep either side of her. She was on her side, Hanzo pressed against her back, while Kuai was in front his face nuzzled into her shoulder. Both men had an arm around her, while she had one of hers resting on Kuai's side. She could feel his chest slowly moving as he breathed, and felt Hanzo's hot breathe of the back of her neck.

She should have been up, making her family breakfast, and yet moving would mean disturbing her sleeping lovers. Who was she to ruin a moment such as this?

She glanced over her shoulder, moving her hand to stroke Hanzo's arm. In his sleep, he gave a hum, shuffling slightly and she swore she could see the hint of a smile on his handsome features. The same beautiful man she had met all those years ago, who had swept her off her feet and showed her the wonders of what love could do. She reached for his hand bringing it up to her face and planting a kiss on his knuckles, hearing him give a satisfied sigh before his arm lowered to hold her close again.

Harumi turned her attention to Kuai, face still planted in her shoulder. She gently stroked his jawline with his knuckles, not minding the scratch of his beard on her hand. He shuddered slightly, nuzzling her shoulder and almost pushing his body closer. If you had told her back when she first met him, that she and Hanzo would be sharing their life with him like this, she would have balked at it. But when he lay next to her like this, holding her close to him, she couldn't imagine what life had been like without it.

They had helped Kuai heal from the horrors of which he had lived, and in turn, he had helped them find peace after the massacre of their clan.

The first time she awoke like this, was the first time she felt that everything was going to be okay. It had been so beautiful, it made her want to cry. And from then, she knew that so long as she had them, they would overcome any obstacle, together.

She lent forward, pressing a kiss to Kuai's temple. He stirred slightly, eyes opening just enough, and the second he noticed she was with him, he smiled. It made her heart soar.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you,” She claimed softly, trying to keep from awakening Hanzo as well.

“It's okay,” Kuai claimed, voice still groggy with sleep. His hand traced her spine. “Do you need me to move?”

“No, love,” She stated, “I was merely thinking how perfect this moment is.” Kuai smiled again at that. “Go back to sleep, sweetheart, the world can wait a while longer.”

Kuai pressed as kiss to her neck, before settling down next to her again. She wrapped her arm around him, and lent back into Hanzo.

The innocence was brilliant, and she hoped that it would stay.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎