Planning A Prison Break

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1004 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Prison AU, Prison Escape, Running from authority, Planning to take the fall if caught, Discussion on Kidnapping (Though no abduction actually takes place), No reason for imprisonment given
❥Prompt: Planning A Prison Break - The Receiving End Of Sirens

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

The alarm blared throughout the yard, from where he hid, Hanzo could see the guards scrambling, trying desperately to find him. He exhaled, and turned away, making sure he was in the shadows as he crept his was around the perimeter of the fence. He'd come too far to get caught now, he was so close to freedom.

So close to holding Kuai Liang in his arms once more.

He heard footsteps, and ducked for cover behind a doorway. Two guard's came running past, thankfully not looking too hard and completely missing where he was hiding. Idiots, but in that moment he was glad for their lesser intelligence. It gave more chance that this would work.

When he was sure they were gone, he set off in the direction they'd come from. Besides a run down part of the fence, was a small mound of dirt. He used his fingers to displace it, finally revealing the handle of the wire cutter's he'd stolen from the maintenance shed. Really, it shouldn't have been as easy to take these as it was, yet another display of utter incompetence by the people who were meant to be keeping him locked up.

The wire easily snapped under the cutters, and soon he'd made a hole just large enough for him to crawl through. Granted he had to make sure he was pressed all the way down into the dirt, and his prison jumpsuit would no doubt be filthy, but he'd be ditching it as soon as he could anyway.

Finally he was clear of the fence, freedom was his but he couldn't get sloppy now. He could still get caught out, and so as soon as Hanzo was back on his feet he was running off into the forest that surrounded the prison.

He didn't stop, just kept running, hoping to god he was sticking in a straight line. There was a clearing not too far from the prison, where in the a letter he'd slipped to Kuai during his last visit, he requested his beloved to wait for him. After what felt like miles, he came to the clearing, where a blue car was parked. His mouth went dry as Kuai, who sat on the hood, turned to look at him.

Hanzo laughed in relief as he rushed forward, Kuai pushing himself off onto the floor and all but jumping into Hanzo's arms. Hanzo wrapped his arms around his lovers waist, lifting him up in the air as Kuai's lips touched his. Kuai's hands cradled his face, and Hanzo lent into the touch. It had been months since he'd last felt these hands on him, these lips pressed against his, he was going to savour every last second.

Finally Kuai pulled away, but gently traced Hanzo's cheeks and jawline with his hands.

“I feel like I have longed for this for an eternity,” Hanzo muttered, pressing a chaste kiss to Kuai's lips. “These months without you have been such torture.”

“I wish we could stay like this forever,” Kuai replied, a hand weaving through Hanzo's hair. Hanzo bit his lip, remembering nights before his arrest where he and Kuai lay in bed together, Kuai running his fingers through Hanzo's hair while they lent into the others embrace.

“We will,” Hanzo assured him, gently placing Kuai back onto the ground. “But we can not linger too long, the guard's will come looking soon.”

“Then we should go.” Kuai grasped at one of Hanzo's hands, turning to guide Hanzo to the car.

A sickening feeling suddenly came over Hanzo, as he stopped Kuai from going any further. “Wait, before we do,” He started, and Kuai turned to look at him, concern clearly over his face. “While I hope and prey it does not come to it, if we get caught-”

“We won't,” Kuai tried to argue, reaching to cup Hanzo's chin. Hanzo took the hand in his, kissing Kuai's knuckles.

“But if we do, I want for us to have our story straight, I want for you to have plausible deniability,” He continued, still holding Kuai's hand to his mouth. “If we get caught, I came to your home, and I took you by force-”

“Hanzo, no,” Kuai's face dropped, his hand's pulling away briefly only to grip Hanzo's shoulders. “If we get caught, we go down together...”

“If we get caught, I go down and I will not drag you with me.” Hanzo reached to Kuai's face, leaning forward and pressing a kiss between his eyebrows. “The last thing I want, is for you to go through that hell, I refuse to let your life be destroyed for the mere crime of loving me.” He pulled away, staring into his loves eyes. “If we get caught, I took you by force, and you came with me for fear of your life. Do you understand?”

Kuai hesitated, clear as day he was not happy about the arrangement, that he still wished to argue. Hanzo would shut him down as many times as needed, he could not let Kuai do that.

Kuai sighed, closing his eyes, seemingly to understand he had no real way of winning this argument. “I understand.”

Hanzo kissed him once more, murmuring against his lips, “I love you. I will protect you for as long as I am alive.”

“I love you too,” Kuai spoke softly, his eyes fluttering open. “We need to leave now.”

Hanzo nodded, following Kuai to the car, as Kuai slipped into the drivers seat and Hanzo ran around to take the passenger seat. Kuai took no time in starting the engine, turning the car around to go back down the path that he'd managed to drive down in the first place.

As they found themselves on the road, Hanzo hoped to god they wouldn't have to use the aforementioned plan.

All he wanted, was to be by Kuai's side forever, even if they had to run from the law to do so.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎