Amaranth

❥Pairing: Shinnok/Fujin
❥Word Count: 643 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Kronika Wins AU, Enemies to Lovers, Interrupted romantic moment
❥Prompt: Amaranth - Nightwish

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Shinnok looked out from the archway, watching as the rain practically slammed down on the tiled floor outside the sky temple. It was always like this up here, not that he minded, even as violent as the rain was, it was weirdly peaceful. Like the rain was trying to wash away the uncertainty of what would happen next.

“We do not have long.” Fujin's voice broke him away from his thoughts and the rain. The wind god walked over, gazing outside with a frown. “If Cetrion is right, Kronika will soon make her move.”

“Indeed.” Shinnok nodded but continued to look over at Fujin. He looked so tired, and Shinnok supposed he was. “You look troubled.”

“I am,” Fujin confirmed, rubbing his hand alongside his chin. Fujin was so much more mature now than when they met thousands of years ago, and yet he was still as handsome as ever. “I worry that if we do not succeed, if we do not stop her, we will have to do this all over again.” Fujin shoulders slumped as he lent against the archway. “I do not know if I have the strength to start from the beginning again... I...” He paused, looking across at Shinnok, face contorted in what Shinnok could only describe as agony. “I do not wish to have to hate you all over again.”

Shinnok hummed, reaching forward to brush a strand of hair from Fujin's face. “That is my fear also, these years pitted against each other has taken more than I can bare.” His hand traced Fujin's temple gently, before settling to cup the other mans cheek. “We will succeed in this plan, and we will start a new beginning that is best for all, especially one where we can finally live without heartache.”

Fujin's smile was small, but Shinnok noticed it regardless, as the wind god closed his eyes and all but lent into Shinnok's touch. Slowly they both lent forward, Shinnok hesitated briefly, unsure if he should proceed, but when Fujin's arms slowly wrapped around his neck, he felt his bravery return and-

“We are ready to- Oh.”

Both Shinnok and Fujin's head's snapped to where Cetrion stood starring at them, looking like she'd just been punched in the face.

“Am I interrupting something?” she asked, her voice all innocence and light, but Shinnok could see the amused glint in her eyes. Oh, I will never hear the end of this. Regardless, he pulled back from Fujin, just as Fujin retracted his arms.

“N-No, we were just...” Fujin stammered out, his face going bright red, seemingly trying to look at anything except Shinnok and Cetrion. “Well. I...” He combed a hand through his hair. “Apologies, Cetrion, did you need something?”

“I just wished to inform you, that we are ready for debriefing when you are,” She replied, a small smirk emerging on her face as she gave Shinnok a look. Oh blast it.

“Ah. I see. Good! I will... Uh... I will go... And do that... Now...” Fujin awkwardly made his way past the both of them. “If you will excuse me...” He practically ran off to where the rest of Earthrealms defenders would be awaiting him.

Shinnok made eye contact with Cetrion, still looking at him in a weirdly gleeful way.

“Do not,” he warned as he started to make his way past her, to follow where Fujin had ran off to.

“Do not what, brother?” She asked, once more gaining that innocent tone, tilting her head slightly and hiding her hands behind her back.

He held up a finger to stop her from speaking any further. “No.”

And then he just continued walking, trying to hide his own embarrassment with annoyance, and desperately trying to ignore the delighted giggles of his sister.

Blast it all!

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎