Smoothie King

❥Pairing: Cassie Cage/Frost
❥Word Count: 536 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Cynical outlook on love, Playful insults between partners, Briefly mentioned Body Modification
❥Prompt: Smoothie King - Bowling For Soup

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Love is just a thing made up by corporate assholes to sell Valentines day cards,” Cassie stated with a grin. Frost looked at her with her brows drawn, there was almost a trace of being impressed by what Cassie had just said. Almost.

“God. Yeah. Could you imagine what life would be like if we were that stupid and believed in love?” Frost gave a disgusted look before taking a sip of her smoothie. She suddenly pointed at a young couple, leaning across a table and god they were just trying way too hard to convince the world they were in love if you asked Cassie. “I mean, look at those losers. Why try so hard to convince everyone your totally in love like that?”

“So you can convince yourself?” Cassie snorted, god it was so stupid. A traitorous part of her mind questioned, but what about you and Frost? The rational part of her mind replied, what about me and Frost? We are definitely not in love. “God, can you imagine being so fucking dull that your whole life revolves around letting everyone else know your a couple?”

Frost shook her head and gave that smirk she tended to give when something amused her but she didn't want to admit it. Cassie loved that smirk.

“You have that smirk again,” Cassie teased, gently elbowing Frost's ribs. Frost scoffed. “You do!”

“I do not,” Frost muttered. Cassie reached over and poked the corner of Frost's mouth. “Oi quit it!” Frost pulled her head back, but there was an enormous grin on her face now. “You are such a dumbass.”

Cassie burst out laughing as Frost pushed her face away. This was definitely not love! Love didn't involve enjoying whenever your partner called you a dumbass to the point you actively tried to get them to call you it.

Sure, Frost was all Cassie could think about, but all that meant was that she wasn't straight. It wasn't like they ever looked longingly into each others eyes, or called each other overly cutesy pet names. Sure, they'd kiss and hold hands and they'd fall asleep in bed together, with Cassie's arms around the smaller woman's body.

But when they woke up Cassie would tease Frost about being little spoon again and they'd have a pretend fight ending in one of them on top of the other while they giggled like idiots.

“Wanna go get our noses pierced?” Frost broke Cassie out of her thoughts.

“Why?”

“Dunno, just feels like something we should do,” Frost explained with a shrug, and Cassie couldn't help but cackle because man, that was so stupid and impulsive, but wasn't that just so them?

“Sure, but we're going to a proper studio,” Cassie stuck her tongue out and reached to grab Frost's hand as they both started to walk in the direction of the closest place she knew of. “No piercing gun bullshit, we aren't straight!”

It was Frost's turn to laugh uncontrollably this time, her grip on Cassie's hand tightening slightly as she wheezed unable to catch her breathe.

No, in Cassie's mind, this was not love. This was something way fucking better.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎