Clarity

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 408 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Relationship is built up to potentially be something toxic, but proves not to be.
❥Prompt: Clarity - Zedd

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Love rarely worked like it did in Johnny Cage movies.

Kuai learnt that the hard way.

Because out of all the people in the world he could have fallen in love with, why did it have to be Hanzo Hasashi?

He could have fallen for anyone really. So why had he fallen for Hanzo? It didn't make sense, to have such loathing for the same person you love so deeply that your heart just can't handle it. Love was supposed to be a beautiful thing, so why did this love cause Kuai such pain? A fine line between love and hate was all very well, but gods at least let him alternate between those states rather than feel them at the exact same time.

They were soul mates, always destined to meet, always destined to fight, always destined to fall in love. Destiny truly was a cruel mistress if she believed that this was what his life was intended to be like. Their love was completely and utterly nonsensical. Kuai struggled to get his head around it so frequently.

And there was no way this could ever end happily. No way they could ever make this work and they'd both end up happy and healthy at the end. Too much blood in their joint past, too much hurt, too much anger and too many lies.

No. This could only ever end in heartbreak.

And yet...

The first time Kuai had uttered the words “I love you” it had felt so good. Like all the planets had aligned and given him this one thing to cling to. If this really was as wrong as Kuai's head tried to tell him, why did it feel so right?

Hanzo's arms enveloping him, staring into the other man's eyes, so deep brown and beautiful they almost buried Kuai from those emotions alone. So many night's in his embrace, the smell of cinders and ember almost intoxicating. The feeling of those lips on his, Hanzo's hands on his hips, exploring every inch of his skin and bringing such pleasures that Kuai had only ever dreamed of before.

This love, that by all accounts should be a tragedy, was something so pure, so innocent that it made Kuai want to cry from happiness. He could never have imagined that he deserved this kind of love.

In spite of everything, Hanzo Hasashi was Kuai Liang's clarity.

And he would never have it any other way.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎