Nervous

❥Pairing: Tomas Vrbada/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 539 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Boss/Employee Relationship, Crushes
❥Prompt: Boss/Superior

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Tomas didn’t know why he was so nervous.

Standing outside Kuai Liang’s office, a bunch of paperwork in his hand. He’d completed it all to an acceptable level he knew that much. Kuai may now be his boss, but he was also his childhood friend. They’d known each other for years, Tomas knew Kuai didn’t have a nasty bone in his body, and even if something wasn’t up to his standards he’d be very nice requesting the changes.

So why were his hands shaking?

He took a breath, knocking on the door. Kuai’s voice called within, beckoning him to enter the office. He grabbed the door handle, twisting it to enter. As soon as the door opened to reveal him, Kuai looked up from his desk and as soon as he saw Tomas broke out into a huge grin.

Oh. Right. That’s why he was so nervous.

Because Kuai was fucking gorgeous and Tomas was down bad for him.

He swallowed, before putting on a cheerful smile and announced “I got that paperwork done.”

“Ah, excellent,” Kuai chimed as he jumped up out of his seat. As Kuai walked towards him, Tomas stepped forward too, both men meeting halfway as the papers were exchanged. “Thank you so much for this, you are a lifesaver.”

“It was no problem.” And he wasn’t just saying that. It really hadn’t been a problem. This sort of paperwork came naturally to him and was actually quite easy. “I just hope it’s up to scratch.”

“Oh, with you doing it I’m certain it will be.” Kuai winked as he said that, and Tomas felt his face heating up. Oh god, he hoped his blush wasn’t that obvious.

“T-Thanks,” he only just managed to stutter out. He couldn’t manage to say anything more than that, and he hated it.

“So, are you doing anything tonight?” Kuai asked casually, flicking through the paperwork. If he’d noticed Tomas flustered demeanour, he mercifully wasn’t saying anything about it.

“No. I- uh- have no plans.” Pull yourself together Tomas you idiot.

“Oh, good, so you’d be free to have some drinks after work then?” Kuai asked, looking up from the papers with bright hopeful eyes.

“Oh- I- You want to get drinks?” Was this a date? Was Kuai asking him on a date?

“I can’t remember the last time we got to catch up as friends,” Kuai stated. “We’ve only been able to interact as boss and employee lately, so I’d like to change that if you’re okay with it?”

“Oh. Yes. Absolutely.” Date or not, it was spending one-on-one personal time with his dear friend. He could hardly say no to such a request. “How about The Black Dragon, for old times sake?”

Kuai giggled, “oh, we did get a bit wild back in the day, huh?” Kuai rubbed the back of his head. “Black Dragon sounds great. We can walk from here.”

“Great, I’ll see you then.”

Tomas turned away to leave the office, shutting the door behind him as he did. He stood in silence for a couple of seconds, before the adrenaline burst out of him in the form of a happy little dance on the spot.

The work day’s end couldn’t come fast enough.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎