I Want To Have A Baby

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 364 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Discussion on having children, Brief suggestion of MPreg
❥Prompt: Asking For A Baby

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Hanzo, I want to have a baby.”

The request had come so out of left field that Hanzo spat his drink back out into his glass. He looked across at Kuai Liang, who was sitting opposite him, eyes still glued to the book he was reading and face completely relaxed like he hadn’t just dropped a bombshell of a request.

“Um, right now this minute or do we have time to talk about this?” Hanzo questioned, watching Kuai’s face screw up slightly.

He put the book down and finally looked at Hanzo with a puzzled look.

“Well, obviously not right now this second, our bodies don’t exactly allow for that.” Kuai’s brow twitched, before he looked down at his own body. “At least I don’t believe so…”

“Cryomancer biology?” Hanzo questioned and Kuai nodded to confirm that was exactly why he was entirely sure. “That maybe should have been something we looked up before we started having sex.”

Kuai sighed, pushing himself to sit up.

“I don’t mean right now this second, or even in a few months,” Kuai clarified, stroking his fingertips along the spine of the book. “But lately, I’ve just been thinking it’d be nice in the future, you know?”

Hanzo hadn’t realised how tense he was until Kuai said that and he physically felt his muscles relax. The future could be any time. It wasn’t that Hanzo was against being a father again, in fact, interacting with the children of the Shirai Ryu had taught him he wanted to have his own in the future. It was just that he and Kuai weren’t married yet, and despite everything, Hanzo did not feel right bringing in a child out of wedlock.

That hopefully wouldn’t be a problem soon, given the ring he had hidden away in his quarters.

“Thank you for telling me that this is something you desire,” Hanzo continued, realising his reaction might have given the wrong impression. “We can talk about the logistics more in the future, but I am pleased to hear this is something you want.”

Kuai smiled brightly at that, and Hanzo’s heart skipped a beat.

That man was going to be an amazing father.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎