No Other Choice

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 282 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Faking a death, Funerals, Just angst all around tbh
❥Prompt: Attending Your Own Funeral

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Bi-Han sat at the back of the church, hoping no one would notice the strange man whose face was covered by his hood. He wasn’t sure what had possessed him to come. Maybe a desire to say goodbye to Kuai Liang one last time, even if he couldn’t do it directly. He wished it hadn’t come to this, but so long as The Lin Kuei thought he was dead, Kuai would be safe.

“Why are you here?” Hanzo sat down in the seat next to Bi-Han. He hadn’t even noticed the elder man approach. “Do you just enjoy tormenting the people you supposedly love?”

“Why don’t you understand I had no other choice?”

“You had other choices Bi-Han,” Hanzo spat, teeth bared. “You have no idea how much you’ve destroyed your brother.”

“I did this to protect him.” Bi-Han could take Hanzo’s ire for leaving them, but he would not accept the insinuation that he’d harmed his brother. “If you’ve told him anything-“

“As far as he, and everyone else is concerned, Song Bi-Han is dead.” Hanzo pushed himself to stand up. “If you want it to stay that way, I suggest you leave.”

“Wait,” Bi-Han called before Hanzo could turn to leave. “Please, just look after him.”

“I will,” Hanzo agreed under his breath. “I love you, Bi-Han, but I will never forgive you for doing this.”

Bi-Han could do nothing but watch as Hanzo walked back to the front of the church, going to stand beside Kuai Liang. Kuai smiled at him, but it was half hearted, like someone had smashed his heart into pieces.

I’m sorry, Dìdì.

Bi-Han was beginning to doubt if he had done the right thing.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎