Immune

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 308 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Zombie Apocalypse AU, Mention of bite wound, Mention of guns/shooting, Zombie Virus, Immunity to Zombie virus and the issues that presents
❥Prompt: Zombie Apocalypse

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

It was established very early into the first wave of zombie attacks that being bitten meant one thing. You were a goner. You would become one of them.

So when Hanzo met Kuai Liang, a man with a chunk bitten out of his arm, he thought it wouldn’t be long. They’d made arrangements together. Hanzo would take care of the young girl under Kuai’s protection, and the second he turned, Hanzo would pull the trigger.

And so they waited. And waited. And waited.

But the inevitable never came.

“I don’t understand,” Kuai whispered, staring at the gaping wound. “It didn’t take my brother this long to turn.”

“It’s been 48 hours,” Hanzo muttered back, not entirely sure what to do himself. “You’ve shown no signs of change. I… Don’t think it’s going to happen.”

Frost darted from behind Hanzo’s feet and tackled Kuai Liang instead.

“I knew you wouldn’t die on me,” she sobbed, “I knew you wouldn’t.”

Kuai wrapped his arms around her, holding her close but kept his eyes on Hanzo as he asked, “so, am I immune?”

“No idea.”

If Kuai was indeed immune, then by god, he had just become the most valuable man in the world. That posed a whole new set of problems. There would be no end of people who would want to study him, and Hanzo did not trust how desperate some of them would be.

“Whatever the situation is,” Hanzo started, holding his hand out to Kuai and hauling him to his feet, “I am travelling to meet my friend, and I would feel more at peace if you both joined us.”

Kuai shared a look with Frost, before nodding, “lead the way, Hanzo.”

Kuai Liang may provide the key to humanity's salvation, but there was no way in hell Hanzo would ever let it come at Kuai’s expense.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎