Mechanical Instinct

❥Pairing: N/A
❥Word Count: 1023 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Canon Divergence, Cyber Initiative, Implied/referenced conversion, Pursuit, Bodily injuries, Violence, Capture, Electrocution, Bad Ending
❥Prompt: Mechanical Instinct - Aviators

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

In the distance, Kuai could hear the sound of metal feet stomp in a steady rhythm. They were searching for him, and it wouldn't be long before they found him. There were so many of them this time, they seemed to be everywhere, and he was already injured from a previous fight. Obviously they had to find him straight after a fight with Scorpion, because why wouldn't the universe just want to fuck him over further.

He chanced darting over to the desk in the middle of the room, crawling under it. He took a minute to feel at the stab wound in his shoulder and hissed, then examined one in his hip, and finally touching some bruising on his forehead. He supposed he was lucky he didn't have a concussion, but he was still doubtful he could take god knows how many cyborgs right now. He's have to try and sneak away without them noticing.

He almost gave himself away by jumping out of his skin when he saw a pair of robotic feet pass besides the desk. He clamped his hands over his mouth, desperate to not make a sound. The feet paused for a few seconds, and he was so sure he'd been found.

When they finally disappeared from view, he didn't trust that it was gone for good. Waiting for a few seconds before gingerly poking his head out just enough to check if the cyborg had gone. He couldn't see them, but that didn't mean he was safe. If he could get out of the building, he might have a chance.

He took a deep breath and then crawled as quickly as he could to the door opposite of where the cyborg had gone. He settled himself again the wall, glancing out into the hallway. There was nothing there, and at the end he could just make out a door. He wasn't sure where it led, but he hoped there was a possibility it would lead outside. Once he was outside he could leg it in a random direction until he lost them.

He slinked out of the doorway, pushing himself up against the wall. He felt his way along it, going as slow as possible in an attempt to make as little noise as possible. He made it to another doorway, and just as he was about to peer around to see if it was safe to pass it, he heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps. He clenched his fists, holding his breathe and pushing his back so tight to the wall it was like he was trying to phase through it.

The steps stopped, an uneasy silence echoed in his ears.

Footsteps started again, but from what he could hear they were going away. He chanced a look into the doorway, he could see the metallic monster with it's back turned. He took the opportunity to slip across to the other side.

Thankfully, from this point forward, there were no more open doorways, but despite that he still took it slow, trying to avoid stepping on anything that could alert the cyborgs to his whereabouts. His hip ached from the movement but as he approached the door at the end of the corridor he could see daylight seeping through the cracks. He picked up his pace, a new sense of desperation seeping in. He was so close, he could almost taste freedom. He reached the door, turning the nob pulling the door open, expecting to see the great outdoors and his path to safety.

Instead he was met with red metal, and two glowing blue eyes glaring at him.

He had no time to react before Sektor's foot met with his stomach, and he went falling back, head cracking sickeningly against the concrete floor. He groaned, vision blurred but he could make out 5 more grey shapes making their way towards him from where he'd came.

It had been a trap, and he had fallen for it.

Sektor's foot slammed down against his chest, keeping him pinned to the floor. “You never learn, do you?” Sektor applied more pressure, and Kuai could feel his ribs creak in protest. “You just have to go against your orders don't you?”

Kuai reached a hand to try and pry the foot off him, but Sektor was unyielding. “I will never submit to this,” he finally growled out. “The cyber initiative... It is... wrong.”

“It is our future, Kuai Liang,” Sektor let out a mechanical growl, finally removing his foot only to delivered a swift hard kick to his side. He cried out in pain. “You'll come to accept that soon enough.”

Sektor made a gesture with his hand, two of the other cyborg stepped forward, each grasping at Kuai's arms and pulling him until he was standing. He struggled briefly, only for them to hold him tighter.

“You have doomed us all, Shun,” Kuai hissed. He was met with a metal fist to his face. He heard a crack as his head snapped back, immediately feeling blood trickle down his face. No doubt his nose was broken. He groaned as metal finger's gripped his chin and lifting his face.

“You stubborn brat,” Sektor growled, his fingers digging into Kuai's soft skin. “You cling to your beliefs despite the clear evidence in front of you. Look how weak you are, how easily we have subdued you. You still trick yourself into believe you are the strong one here?” Kuai wanted to argue, the conditions of his capture had not been fair, but he knew Sektor would not listen to it. “Well, we'll see if you still feel the same way after you've been repaired.”

Sektor let go, and Kuai immediately went to struggle again. His effort was met by another of the cyborgs grabbing him by the neck and a surge of electricity being pushed through his veins. His blood curdling scream echoed through the building, the edges of his vision blacking out. Before his sight and mind were claimed completely, the last thing he saw was Sektor's emotionless robotic face watching him intently.

And then, nothing.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎