Jenny

❥Pairing: Tomas Vrbada/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 735 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Pining, Slightly creepy behaviour, Brief mention of Hickeys/lovebites
❥Prompt: Jenny - Studio Killers

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Kuai Liang, darling, you're my best friend...

Tomas gave a fond smile as next to him Kuai started to giggle uncontrollably. It wasn't often that Kuai laughed, but right now they were away from the ever watchful eyes of the Lin Kuei, possibly forever. He knew, really, that Kuai was still hurting from the death of his brother, but this was the closest to happiness he had ever seen his dearest friend, and he wanted that happiness to last.

He went to reach for Kuai Liang's hand, stopping himself in time before he made such a huge mistake. Thankfully Kuai seemed oblivious, continuing his conversation with Johnny across the table. Tomas bit his lip, laying his hand on his lap.

He wished so bad to be the one to be the one to make Kuai laugh and smile. Wanted their hands to entwine and their souls to become one. Wanted to see Kuai bathed in pale moonlight, while he whispered sweet nothings in his ear.

His hand twitched again.

He could remember when he first realised that he felt like this. Their first mission abroad, and he accidentally walked in on Kuai taking a shower and his gaze has lingered just a little too long to be friendly. He hadn't been able to stop thinking of that image since, and it was then he realised just how deep he'd fallen in love. Kuai had borrowed a shirt from him during that trip, and little did the cryomancer know that Tomas now used that as a pillowcase, as creepy as that made him feel.

But Kuai was his best friend, as much as he wanted to ruin their friendship, he knew that was dangerous to do. If he'd made a move while with the Lin Kuei, there was a possibility of them being found out, which could lead to punishment, or at worst, execution. If he made a move now, he ran the risk of Kuai thinking that Tomas was abusing his position of his friendship and take advantage of him while he was emotionally vulnerable.

Was it selfish to wish to be lovers instead?

He was brought back in the room by Kuai being called away by Sonya, something she wished to discuss with him privately. His eyes lingered as he watched Kuai walk away, and he couldn't help the smitten sigh. He heard a cough to his side, eyes finally leaving his friend to meet Johnny who was looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

“What?” Tomas asked and Johnny gave an odd chuckle.

“Y'know you should probably tell him how you feel rather than just sit there pining for him right?” Johnny said and Tomas felt his cheeks heating up almost immediately.

“What? How do you-”

“Buddy, it's obvious,” Johnny said frankly, taking a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket and sliding them over his eyes. “Trust me man, the sooner you tell him, the better you're going to feel.”

“Yeah. Sure.” Tomas wasn't sure he was inclined to trust any advice that came from a man with his own named tattooed on his chest.

“If you don't tell him now, someone else is gonna swoop in and take him instead,” Johnny spoke as if he was a sage wise old man. “Trust me, nothing fucking hurts more than seeing the person you love happy with someone who ain't you.”

Tomas was silent. The idea of Kuai with someone else was painful but also rather unlikely. He didn't think he had much to fear on that front. Even if somewhere in the back of his mind he was sure he'd seen Kuai with lovebites on his throat before. It was either lovebites or he'd been punched in the throat, and Tomas felt better believing it was the latter.

“Alright, do it your way,” Johnny finally conceded with a shrug, “But I'll be first in line to say I told you so when it backfires on you.”

Tomas rolled his eyes and returned his attention over to Kuai across the room, the laughter now gone and replaced with concern as he listened to what Sonya was telling him. There was some part of him that knew Johnny was right, he should tell him but how the hell was he supposed to do that.

I don't know how to say this, cause you're really my dearest friend...

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎