I Can't Decide

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1986 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Criminal AU, Referenced Torture, Slapping, Choking, Stabbing, Blood, Minor Injuries, Handcuffed to a chair, Mention of burying someone alive, Death threats, Betrayal, Implied BDSM, Dom/Sub undertones, Seduction as a method of espionage
❥Prompt: I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

There had been a spy in the Shirai Ryu. Someone who was funnelling their most guarded secrets and giving them to the hands of their enemies. Even though over the past few months the leaks had become less frequent, Hanzo had been determined to find out who was responsible. He's ordered two of his most trustworthy men to weed out and kill whoever this traitor was.

So when instead the pair came dragging said traitor to him, he was furious that they hadn't followed his demand. Until they told him that he'd want to see who it was. So when they tilted the traitors face up, and he saw who had betrayed him, he felt his heart break.

Because staring back at him was Kuai Liang, his own lover.

To say he was furious was an understatement. He'd raged, immediately turned to violence to get his displeasure across, throwing items around his room as he screamed in anguish. Kuai. The man he loved so dearly. The man he'd let inside his bed. The man he's told his darkest fears to.

The man he'd trusted so completely.

God, it was so obviously him, wasn't it?

He wanted answers. His men leaving Kuai on a chair with his hands cuffed behind it. When it came to getting the answers out of the other man, he hadn't held back. Fists, steel capped boots, his trusty Kunai, all of those had met Kuai's body, leaving him battered, bloody and bruised but still somehow holding onto consciousness. He hadn't cracked, hadn't answered Hanzo's questions.

Hanzo was starting to loose his patience.

Kuai gave a spluttering cough, spitting blood out from between his teeth. He gave a hoarse chuckle, “God, where has this sort of foreplay been our entire relationship?”

Hanzo let out a growl, storming over to his captive and roughly backhanding him. Kuai's head snapped to the side, but his giggling didn't stop. Further infuriated, Hanzo wrapped his hand around Kuai Liang's throat, squeezing down and making the man gasp for air. He'd done this to Kuai before, when they were in bed together, but at those times it was an intimate gesture, a way to say “you are mine”. Now it's message means “I will kill you, you fucking bastard”.

“Who are you working for?” Hanzo asked. He'd asked this questions over 50 times by this point, and Kuai was being a stubborn fucking shit and not answering. Kuai didn't reply again and Hanzo further constricted the man's breathing and leaned closer. “Who are you working for?”

“You... Already... Know...” Kuai's words came out in short gasps, head lolling around like he'd finally started to loose consciousness. It wasn't the answer he wanted but Hanzo released his grip and Kuai greedily took air into his lungs. The answer he wanted or not, Hanzo needed Kuai awake to be able to give him it.

“I want to hear you say it,” he snarled. He wanted Kuai to say it because in spite of everything, he didn't know who Kuai was working for. Yes, he had suspicions, but really the other man could have been working for any of his enemies.

Kuai didn't reply, his hazy gaze meeting Hanzo's, and a smirk slowly crawling across his face. He leaned forward, brushing his lips against Hanzo's in an attempt at a kiss. Hanzo knew he should push Kuai away or pull back, yet instead he leaned in to meet it. Mouth opening and letting his tongue mingle with Kuai's, he used his entire body to push Kuai back into the chair. Kuai may have initiated the action, but Hanzo was determined to show he was still the one in control, still dominant no matter what Kuai tried to do to swing the situation in his favour. Hanzo reached for the Kunai hanging from his belt, gripping it tightly in his fist and-

Kuai pulled away with a pained screech as the Kunai was driven into his shoulder blade.

His blue eyes darted down to where the weapon was buried into him, Hanzo's hand still holding it. Kuai gave another scream as Hanzo twisted the Kunai, tearing at Kuai's flesh. Kuai bucked in his seat, muttering words in his mother tongue that Hanzo didn't recognise. Kuai turned his face away and screwed his eyes, teeth bared while Hanzo continues to move the Kunai. Eventually, he stopped, letting go of the weapon but keeping it embedded where it was thrust in. Hanzo gripped Kuai's chin and forced him to look at him once more. Kuai's glare was a little less lustful when he reopened his eyes.

“Listen to me Kuai Liang,” He started, digging his fingernails into Kuai's jawline. “I am starting to loose my patience with you, and that is dangerous, especially when right now I have yet to decide if you should live or die.” Kuai tried to fight against the hand holding his head in place, but Hanzo just forced him to continue to look directly at him. “And I could kill you, right now if I wanted. Maybe burying you alive for being such a treacherous bitch would be best suited, hm?”

“Oh... I don't think you'd want to do that,” Kuai asked in a low voice, in a tone Hanzo had never heard from the other man. There was a dark glint in those blue eyes, and Hanzo almost drew back from the sheer shock of it. “I could crawl up with a knife and kill you while you're sleeping.”

Hanzo stumbled backwards. Kuai's eyes were wide, that darkness still there, the message clear as day. It wasn't an empty threat, Kuai could kill him if he got the chance. Hanzo wanted to say that this wasn't a surprise, after all Kuai had gone this far to get Shirai Ryu secrets, and yet...

Even with the knowledge that he probably didn't know the real Kuai Liang at all, he would have never in a million years expected him to be capable of murder.

“I think we'd both prefer for me to be in your bed for a different reason, wouldn't we?” Kuai's form relaxed, and he settled back into the chair, that darkness all but gone again. He was flirting again, that was good, Hanzo supposed. He preferred flirty Kuai to whatever the fuck happened seconds earlier.

And with flirty Kuai, he just may be able to bring this back into his favour.

If Kuai Liang wanted to go the lust route, Hanzo was happy to oblige.

“If you ever want to be in my bed again,” he started, slowly ambling towards Kuai again. Once close enough, he reached for Kuai's chin again, tilting his face up. “If you ever want me again, you had better start talking. Who are you working for?”

Kuai was silent again, his gaze clearly regarding what was said. After a few tense seconds he shrugged, “The Lin Kuei.” Hanzo couldn't help his eye twitch. He knew that it had to be one of his more troublesome enemies, but damn he'd hoped Kuai wouldn't be so low as to work with that scummy organisation. “Specifically, I was requested by Sektor to infiltrate and gather data.”

“So you were requested to seduce me...” God Hanzo was pissed.

Kuai chuckled, “Me? Seduce you? Dear, I think your memory is playing tricks on you.” Kuai's voice was chastising and it took everything Hanzo had not to just punch him again. “I was perfectly happy pretending to be a low ranking member, and sneak by when no one was looking. You were the one who went out for your way to get me in bed with you, remember?”

Hanzo did remember.

He's taken interest in Kuai from a distance during a debrief. He'd requested the man come to his office, hoping to get him alone. He had convinced Kuai to have a drink with him, convinced Kuai to spend more and more time with him. In the beginning Kuai had always seemed to just want to get away, and Hanzo had chalked it up to the man either being shy or playing hard to get. Instead he'd been trying to keep a low profile, and Hanzo had fucked that up simply because he wanted so desperately to get Kuai writhing beneath him. Of course Kuai would change tactics when Hanzo literally wouldn't leave him the fuck alone.

“You stole my heart,” Kuai continued, the smirk on his face clearly showing he knew Hanzo had come to the realisation of what he'd done, “So I stole your secrets...” Kuai shrugged once again. “It seemed like a fair trade at the time.”

You stole my heart.

Did that mean Kuai genuinely had feelings for Hanzo? How the hell was Hanzo ever going to know for sure? The Kuai he thought he knew was likely a lie and he couldn't get a hold on whoever this real Kuai was. Still he reached to cup Kuai's cheek, and his breathing hitched when Kuai lent into the touch.

Does it really matter who the real Kuai is?

“If I let you live, are you going to leave?” Hanzo questioned, terrified that the answer would be yes.

“Maybe,” Kuai replied, his eyes half lidded, still nuzzling into Hanzo's hand. Despite the swelling and blood over his face, Kuai was still as handsome as when Hanzo first lay eyes on him. “Unless you can think of a reason for me to stay.”

“My dick.” That slipped out before Hanzo could stop himself and he regretted it instantly. He felt slightly less remorse when Kuai actually chuckled.

“I mean, that is a fairly compelling reason,” Kuai snorted. He closed his eyes, a small smile on his face. Hanzo had seen that face a million times, and god he wanted to believe that it's real. There's no way you can fake that level of content.

“Because I love you,” Hanzo whispered, and Kuai's eyes fluttered back open.

“And that one is simply irresistible.” Hanzo felt his heart clench as Kuai pulled away. “I would say the same, but given the circumstances I doubt you will believe me.” Hanzo wasn't sure what he believed any more. “However, there is a reason why the information I have been giving has been slowly dwindling.”

The information leaked had been getting less over time. Could it really be that Hanzo had managed to steal the Lin Kuei's heart, as he had so put before?

He thought it over. It was a dangerous chance to take.

But fuck weren't dangerous chances part of what made him?

“If you ever fuck me over again,” Hanzo snarls, “I will kill you.”

He slowly made his way around Kuai, pulling the Kunai still lodged into the mans shoulder out, before undoing one of the cuffs that had started to cut into his wrists. He guided Kuai to his feet, and once they were away from the chair he grabbed Kuai by the neck once more and pulling him so his back was flush against his chest.

“The cuff's stay on, because once I get you to my bedroom you will find yourself chained to my bed for a time.” Hanzo squeezed Kuai's neck, loving the way his partner almost immediately submitted to his whims. “You are not forgiven, and you will be sufficiently punished for your betrayal. However me not killing you is a mercy, and you will prove your gratitude.”

“I will take anything you throw at me,” Kuai confirmed, turning his head slightly to plant a caste kiss against Hanzo's adams apple.

“Yes. You will.”

And then he was pushing Kuai along, trying to make it to his room before any of his subordinates noticed. Before anyone could tell him he was making a mistake.

God, just let this one dangerous chance work out.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎