Sky Is Over

❥Pairing: Shinnok/Fujin
❥Word Count: 251 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Lovers To Enemies
❥Prompt: Sky Is Over - Serj Tankian

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Are you at war with land and all of it's creatures?”

Somehow he still remembered that question, thousands of years later. He hadn't had an answer then, seeing the question as a sign of betrayal. That Fujin was choosing the treacherous Elder God's over him. Given what had happened after, he had been right.

“Are you at war with land and all of it's creatures?”

Shinnok really wasn't all that sure what the answer to that was, if he was honest. He was at war, yes. But it was hardly a war with land itself, and he definitely wasn't against all of it's creatures, just the ones that opposed him.

He really should have seen Fujin's decision to start by Raiden and the Elder God's coming. Should have. There had been a foolish part of his mind that had thought, believed, hoped that Fujin would see reason. He would see Shinnok's side of the argument. Family bond's weren't all that strong after all, Cetrion had not joined his side when he turned his back on the elder gods, they would just fray and leave everyone angry and broken.

But he supposed, the bond he and Fujin had was not that strong either.

That one hadn't just frayed, it had outright snapped.

And still, even as he watched Earthrealm's skies turn a deep shade of red, he could not feel remorse. Fujin would see reason eventually, maybe then they could repair what had been lost.

The sky is over us...

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎