Lady Vykra

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1097 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Original Character, Propositions, Implied Future MPreg
❥Prompt: Deity

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Uh, Grandmaster?”

Kuai looked up from his desk to where Frost was poking her head from behind the door frame.

“Yes?” He acknowledged, studying her for a second. She looked unnerved, which was definitely unusual for her.

“There is a woman sitting in the courtyard,” she continued. Kuai just looked at her blankly. He could only assume this woman was not of The Lin Kuei otherwise Frost wouldn’t be telling him. “I don’t know who she is, but she has white hair and glowing tattoos so I assume she’s a goddess or something.”

Strangely, Kuai immediately had a feeling he knew who this goddess was.

“Are her tattoos heart shaped and is she wearing pink clothing that barely covers her up?” He asked, watching as Frost’s eyes widened.

“Yeah!” Frost took a step forward to enter the room properly. “So, you know who she is then?”

“We haven't met properly but I am familiar with her, yes,” Kuai sighed, tidying up his paperwork before pushing himself to stand up. Really, he had been wondering when the Goddess of Sex and Fertility would introduce herself. Ever since they had seen each other in the temple, he’d expected a visit at some point.

What she wanted was another matter.

“I’d better go and talk with her.” As he passed by Frost he patted her on the shoulder, “unless you wish to speak with the Cryomancer patron sex goddess?”

Frost’s face went bright red and she looked away a little too quickly as she squeaked out “no, you can handle her.”

Kuai laughed, he’d suspected as much. Frost was brash and impulsive but also very easily flustered. Kuai remembered when Frost first realised that Cassandra had been flirting with her, the way her face went so red, Kuai almost wondered if he’d need to get medical intervention for her.

His pace was quick as he made his way through the halls and out into the courtyard. Indeed, there sat Vykra, eyes closed and breathing steadily. If she heard Kuai’s footsteps approach her, she didn’t react.

“Lady Vykra?” Kuai enquired, jumping slightly as her eyes shot open. When she saw him, her lips parted into a massive grin.

“Song Kuai Liang,” she greeted, practically leaping to her feet in a move so fast it made Kuai feel like he had whiplash. “Hello Snowflake, I’m so pleased we get to properly meet at last.”

“I- likewise,” Kuai decided to say. Really, he was pleased to meet her finally. He’d asked Raiden about her, who claimed she had been elusive since the mass extinction of the Cryomancers. She was a link to his heritage. “I am curious though, what brings you here now?”

“Straight to business,” Vykra laughed, “yes, yes, I understand.” Kuai was a little surprised when she reached forward to take one of his hands. “I have been waiting for a worthy Cryomancer to come back into my world.”

“Ah.” Kuai nodded, although he wasn’t sure what she was talking about. “Worthy of what, may I ask?”

“Well, let’s say I have a proposition for you.” There was a strange twinkle in her eye as she said that, and Kuai was really not sure where this was about to go. “I would like you to be my champion.”

“Your… champion?” Kuai questioned, not because he didn’t understand what she meant. After all, Raiden had his champion’s but that was for Mortal Kombat. “What exactly do you require a champion for? Is there a tournament upcoming that I was unaware of?”

“Oh no, no, no, nothing like that.” She waved her hand in a dismissive manner. “All the other Gods and Goddesses are constantly going on about their champions, and I’ve never had one.” Vykra pouted, looking more like a spoilt child than a Goddess. “See, the others do not really see me as being as important as the rest of them. I wish to prove them wrong.”

It was so weird that Kuai completely empathised with that. He knew how it felt to be treated as if you were a burden rather than a help. Did Lady Vykra know that? Is that part of what made Kuai worthy in her eyes?

“All I ask is you fight in my name,” she continued, “I don’t expect you to start worshipping me, or converting others to do so. Just, if there are other tournaments and wars, fight for me.”

He considered it. He wasn’t sure how the other Earthrealm warriors would take it, let alone Raiden and Fujin but then… He didn’t really fight in their name. Fought for Earthrealm, and technically as Earthrealm’s protectors, for them, but not in their name. Some might argue there was no difference, but Kuai felt like there was a distinction.

“And, of course, if you did, I would be able to make it worth your while.” Vykra said with a wink, and Kuai felt his face heat up. He was about to ask what she meant but she beat him to it by asking “I believe you and your husband are interested in having children correct?”

“I- Yes we are, but-“ Kuai blinked a couple of times, the implication of the question sinking in. “Are- Are you saying…”

“I’m saying I’m very good with fertility issues, and I’ve blessed many couples with children, regardless of their sex.”

“Oh.” What the hell was Kuai meant to say? He and Hanzo had talked about children, and they’d mostly settled on adoption. It felt selfish to accept an offer like that when there were children who needed a home. They could still adopt children as well, right? There were plenty of families who had biological children and adopted children and they made it work.

Hanzo and Kuai could make it work too, right?

They’d both basically already got adopted kids in Takeda and Frost anyway.

“I know this is a big decision, and I’m sure you need to consult with your husband about the last part of my offer.” Vykra finally let go of his hand, reaching into the cleavage and pulling out a pendant. She placed it in his hand, and wrapped his fingers around it. “When you have made your decision, just hold this pendant and say my name.”

She took a step back, and curtseyed to him. Kuai returned the gesture with a bow, as he held the pendant to his chest.

“Until we meet again, Song Kuai Liang.”

And in a flurry of cherry blossom petals, Lady Vykra was gone.

Leaving Kuai to ponder how he was going to bring up the offer with Hanzo.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎