They Didn't Hold Back

❥Pairing: Smoke/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 258 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Aftermath of torture, mention of injuries, hurt/comfort, Crying, Breakdown
❥Prompt: After They Were Tortured

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Kuai Liang,” Tomas exclaimed as he burst into the room. “What happened? They said there had been an incident.”

Kuai sat up, and Tomas felt himself go cold. He was absolutely covered in bruises, his lip swollen and red. His eyes were hazy from pain, and Tomas didn’t know what else to say.

“Um,” Kuai started, his voice rough and raw, almost like it was sore. “Things didn’t go to plan… On the mission, I mean.”

“I… I can see that.” Tomas slowly approached, and sat down on the bed. Closer, he could see that Kuai had bandages over him. There was blood staining them, clearly whatever other wounds he had were still open. The Lin Kuei hadn’t even given him stitches. “How did this happen?”

Kuai quietly coughed, rubbing his chin.

“I attempted to get to my target, but they caught me.” He gazed down at his body with a grimace. “They didn’t hold back.”

Tomas wondered for a minute how Kuai had gotten away, and he was about to ask, until he heard a rough raw sob come from Kuai’s mouth.

“Why do I always do this?” Kuai cried, throwing his head in his hands. “Why am I always fucking everything up?” His sobs got harder, gasping for breath as he did. “I can’t do anything right.”

Tomas didn’t know what to say. What could he possibly say? He wrapped his arm around Kuai’s shoulders and pulled him close to him. Tomas just held Kuai there, as he wailed uncontrollably. He didn’t know what to do.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎