Gemini

❥Pairing: N/A
❥Word Count: 319 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Canon Divergence, Bodysharing, Mention of death
❥Prompt: Bodyshare

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Well, this was weird.

One minute, Kuai was at the outskirts of the Lin Kuei temple, a knife being dug deep into his abdomen. The next, he was waking up in the fiery depths of the Netherrealm, in a body that wasn’t his. The hair was too long, his waist too slim.

This isn’t my body either, Harumi informed him.

Together, they managed to lift their head, glaring at the necromancer in front of them.

“What have you done to us?” They recoiled at their new voice, a strange amalgamation of both their voices.

Quan Chi smirked, tilting his head and placing his hand under his chin, like he was looking at a piece of art.

“I saved you, I would think you’d be more grateful.” He took a few steps forward, still looking down at them with interest. “Granted, I had very little to work with for the both of you, hence why I have spliced you together.” He waved his hand like it was no big deal. “You will get used to it, Gemini.”

Gemini? Kuai thought, his consciousness reaching out to Harumi’s. Is that our name now?

I suppose it would be better for us to have a joint name. Harumi attempted to get their body to move. When Kuai added in his own efforts, they found it was easier. They were going to have to work on their teamwork.

“Now then, given I have generously given you a second chance at life,” Quan Chi started, still watching as Gemini tried to get used to moving their limbs. “What is it you want from it?”

Well, that was easy. Both of their lives had been cut short, unjust and unfairly. Both the Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei had blood on their hands, and it was only fair that they paid for the lives they stole.

Gemini raised their head, as they growled one single word.

“Revenge.”

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎