An Unexpected Catch

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 300 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Mermaid AU, Mermaid!Kuai Liang, Fluff
❥Prompt: Mermaid

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Hanzo couldn’t believe his eyes.

When he’d first pulled the netting up, he’d realised it felt heavier than usual. He expected a particularly large fish, maybe a shark or something. He thought he’d bring it onto his boat, free it and throw it back.

He definitely hadn’t expected to fish up a merman.

All he could do was stand and stare as the creature gasped for air. He was completely frozen, unsure what the fuck to do with his catch. The merman’s breathing began to regulate, as he looked around with unsure eyes before he spotted Hanzo.

“Hello?” The merman questioned, bright blue eyes locked to Hanzo’s. “Um. Could you help me out of this net? Please?”

Hanzo blinked and shook his head, “right, yes, of course.” He rushed to the Merman’s side, getting his knife out of his pocket to cut away the ropes. “Sorry, I just did not expect to catch a merman.”

“I didn’t exactly expect to be caught either.” Despite the tone not being accusatory, Hanzo still flinched. The merman tilted his head at Hanzo, before stating “my name’s Kuai Liang, by the way.”

“Um. I’m Hanzo,” he replied, unsure exactly how he should be reacting. He finished removing the net, and threw it aside. “Would you like me to get you back in the ocean?”

“What’s the rush?” Kuai asked, twisting around to face Hanzo. “I find humans fascinating. Why not tell me more about yourself?”

“I’m just a fisherman, there’s nothing really to tell.” Yet somehow the way Kuai was looking at him like he was the most fascinating thing he’d ever seen was making Hanzo feel hot. He took a deep breath, smiling and then settling to sit on the deck next to his new companion. “Fine. What do you want to know?”

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎