An Uncomfortable Dinner

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 374 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Uncomfortable social situations
❥Prompt: Dinner

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Kuai shovelled some pasta into his mouth, keeping his eyes low and on his plate. He had no idea why he’d been brought here, but listening to Bi-Han discuss some deal with Quan Chi was putting him on edge. Kuai was seated next to his brother, and directly opposite Quan Chi’s assistant, Hanzo. The elder man’s gaze was squarely on Kuai, and it was starting to unnerve him. He didn’t know the man. Why was he staring at Kuai like that?

“Your brother has been extremely quiet,” Quan Chi suddenly addressed, and when Kuai looked up he was in the awkward position that now everyone at the table was staring at him.

“I don’t have anything to add,” Kuai said with a shrug, trying to return his attention to his meal.

“And here was me thinking you were just shy.” Something about Quan Chi’s tone of voice set Kuai further on edge. Why do I have to be here with these assholes? “That or you were put off by how intently Hanzo’s been staring at you.”

Kuai felt himself going stiff, glancing up to witness Hanzo looking extremely embarrassed while Bi-Han looked like he was about to go into overprotective big brother mode.

“No,” Kuai lied through his teeth, not wanting his brother to cause a scene.

“I’m sorry,” Hanzo began, his gaze switching between Kuai and Bi-Han. “I just swear I know you from somewhere.”

“I don’t see how.” Kuai steeled himself, he had no idea why this man would recognise him.

“No, maybe I was mistaken,” Hanzo admitted, but the look he was giving was like he was definitely still trying to figure it out. “My apologies if I made you uncomfortable.”

“No problem.”

Silence settled between everyone, and Kuai returned to his meal. It didn’t take long for Bi-Han and Quan Chi to restart their conversation. He glanced at Hanzo, who was no longer looking at him, he was thankful for that. But now he was curious. He wondered who Hanzo believed he was.

Well, he supposed if Quan Chi was going to be in business with Bi-Han, then Kuai might run into Hanzo a few more times. Maybe there would be enough time to figure out what his deal was.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎