The LK-520 Program

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 218 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Sci-fi AU, AI!Kuai Liang
❥Prompt: Virtual Reality

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Welcome back, Doctor Hasashi.”

Hanzo looked over and smiled at Kuai Liang. Standing in the middle of the room with his hands in front of him. He was so eerily perfect, and Hanzo often wondered just why he’d been programmed this way. He wished he knew more about how the LK-520 program came to be, and what the creation of Kuai was supposed to achieve.

With further study, he knew he’d figure it out.

And he could only study Kuai Liang if he spent time with the AI.

“Good morning, Kuai Liang.” As he approached, Kuai bowed in turn. “Could you run Program SH1-R41-RYU please?”

“Affirmative, running SH1-R41-RYU.”

The room shifted around them, until they were in a small Japanese village. A digital recreation of Hanzo’s home he’d made to make him less homesick. He watched as Kuai looked around in interest.

“This is where I grew up,” Hanzo told Kuai, as the AI began inspecting his new surroundings. “I thought I would show you around.”

The way Kuai smiled at him almost made Hanzo forget he wasn’t technically real.

“I’d like that Doctor.”

Hanzo held out his hand, and Kuai reached forward to make it. Maybe he didn’t know why Kuai had been created, but he definitely didn’t mind the time he was spending on the project.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎