Here I Am, Stuck In The Middle With You

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 5614 Words
❥Rating: Explicit
❥Warnings: Porn With Plot, Arguing, Angry Sex, Rough Sex, Rough Kissing, Alter Sex (Like they fuck on an alter in a temple lol), Anal Fingering, Anal Sex, Hand on Throat, Apologies, Spanking, Anger From Worry, Abandoned Temple, Exploration, Trapped, Claustrophobia, Headcanon Cryomancer Lore, Self-Esteem Issues, Safewords, Trauma responses, I do not recommend using sex as an outlet for anger, I’m just a weirdo who likes angry sex lol
❥Prompt: Trapped

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

“Sub Zero to Cage, come in Cage,” Kuai spoke into the walky-talky. It was so weird and awkward, somehow worse than talking on the phone.

“You don’t need to do that every time you call in, you do know that right?” Johnny’s voice came through the speaker. “I’ve been makin’ you watch too many action movies lately, haven’t I?”

Hanzo made a weird huffing sound and Kuai just rolled his eyes. Johnny and Kotal had asked the pair of them to do this and usually he wouldn’t mind, but on this occasion the timing had been atrocious. As in, last night they’d had nasty fight and hadn’t made up yet atrocious timing. Hanzo had needlessly put himself into danger again, and Kuai was sick to death of seeing his lover put his life on the line like that. The fact Hanzo didn’t seem to understand or care why it upset Kuai just made the arguement worse

Why Johnny mentioning their movie nights seemed to be setting Hanzo off now, Kuai had no idea but he did not want to entertain it. Hanzo could have a jealous streak sometimes, but not normally over something that petty. It was likely he was just still wound up about the previous night and was looking for any excuse to keep being angry.

“Right, well, we’re outside the temple.” He looked up at the building in question. Deep in the Outworld jungles, some of Kotal’s men had come across it, but had been unable to gain access to it’s insides. They suspected due to some carving’s on the walls that the door needed a cryomancers touch to open. It seemed a strange place for cryomancers to build a temple, but Kotal seemed to believe it was just a result of the merger between Outworld and Edenia displacing the temple from a colder climate.

Why only he and Hanzo had been sent to investigate, he didn’t know.

It may have been because everyone else could just sense the tension between them and wanted to avoid it.

… Yes… now that I think about it, that is probably it.

“Great! Kotal says that there should be a slab. If you slap your hand against it, it should open the door.”

“Right,” Kuai confirmed, turning to the temple and looking at the archway with a large stone restricting access.

There was a part on one side that stuck out, and Kuai figured that was the bit he needed to touch. He gingerly reached his hand out, carefully placing his palm against the stone. He let out a surprised breath when the stone began to glow cyan. The light traveled along carvings in the stone, until the entire front of the temple was decorated with cyan. The stone in the doorway began to rumble, and it slowly lifted. Kuai peered into the dark temple, watching as the cyan glow began to crawl along the walls inside, lighting up the inside.

“Jonathan? The door is open,” Kuai stated into the walky-talky while looking over to make eye contact with Hanzo. Thankfully whatever animosity he still held was mostly replaced with curiosity. “We’re going to explore inside.”

“Alrighty, be careful. Don’t want to going from Blueberry Ice to Blueberry Smoothie.”

“Do you ever actually think before you speak?” Kuai asked as he took a tentative step inside the temple, Hanzo scrambled to follow in after him.

“Nah, I find that’s extremely overrated.” If Johnny was in front of him, Kuai would have flipped him the bird.

“I’ll let you know if we find anything,” Kuai diplomatically said instead. He put the walky-talky on his belt and continued forward. The hallway was wide enough for Hanzo to come and walk by his side. He was biting his lip like he wanted to say something but was waiting for Kuai to make the first move instead. “Don’t touch anything, we don’t know if this place has traps.”

“Right,” Hanzo muttered, keeping his eyes forward. “Kuai Liang, about last night-”

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t think now is the time to talk about that.” He didn’t know what Hanzo was going to say, but the last thing they needed right now was another argument. “We can talk about it when we aren’t in a strange temple out in the middle of nowhere.”

“Okay,” Hanzo said, sounding incredibly dejected. Kuai just had to suck it up.

They continued to make their way forward in silence, somehow the tension getting even worse. Dammit, I can’t wait to go home. He almost hoped this place would be completely empty so they could get out quicker.

They entered a rather large open room, clearly the centre of the church, an alter at the other end. It must have been where worship used to happen. Kuai made a beeline for the alter, curious to see if there were any clues, hearing Hanzo following behind him. On the alter was a little stand with a knife, sitting innocently and looking untouched for many centuries. There were several carvings on the front of the alter that Kuai recognised as the ancient cryomancer language.

He’d managed to put enough together from his research to potentially translate.

“V,” he began, trying to remember what he’d read in the books he’d borrowed from Kotal’s library. “Y. K. R. A.” He blinked. “Vykra?”

“What does that mean?” Hanzo questioned, his eyes trained on the knife. Sharp thing’s were a weird siren song to Hanzo, but as long as he just looked and didn’t touch that was fine.

“No idea.” Kuai tried to think back. Vykra? It didn’t sound like a word he’d come across in his research, the language of the ancient cryomancers was a lot more akin to Mandarin than anything else, and this didn’t fit that description. “It’s not a word I’ve ever come across. Maybe a name? This is clearly a temple, so I suppose it could be the name of a God or Goddess?”

“Maybe the knife has something to do with it.” Hanzo reached for the knife, and Kuai felt his heart jump to his throat.

“Wait-“

He was too late. Hanzo’s hand grabbed the knife and took it off the stand.

And the next thing Kuai knew, he was falling.

Not far, only a few feet, but his back painfully hit the ground, and he was able to look up just in time to see the hole above them closing up again. Surprisingly the room they’d fallen to was still lit with a cyan light, and he pushed himself to sit upright, peering around. This room was somewhat similar to the one above, complete with another alter and the glowing carvings in the walls. The only difference was this one didn’t have any exits.

Great.

He looked across to Hanzo, who was also sitting up. Much to Kuai’s annoyance, he didn’t look that bothered. He did shift awkwardly when he saw the glare Kuai was giving him however.

“I can teleport us out,” Hanzo claimed, holding out a hand. And just… holding it there. His face twitched, and he looked down at his hand. He just stared silently at it, brow knitting together in concentration. He jerked back in surprise. “My powers aren’t working.”

“Shit,” Kuai whispered under his breath, holding his own hand out and trying to summon his powers. Nothing came. He stood up and went to look around the room. He touched the glowing carvings, realising there was a strange energy he could feel. “I think theres something blocking our powers.”

He turned back and Hanzo was now standing too, looking incredibly panicked. Oh, now you’re worried. Kuai held his tongue for now, reaching for the walky-talky on his belt and clicking the buttom.

“Jonathan, can you hear me?” He asked, praying to the elder gods this thing would still have some sort signal.

“Yes I can hear you, Clem Fandango,” Johnny’s voice came through the other end and Kuai almost wanted to cry in relief.

“Oh, thank Raiden,” Kuai muttered before clicking the button. “We have a problem. Floor opened under us and we’re trapped in a room with no exits. Something is draining our powers so we have no way of getting out.”

“Oh, fuck-a-doodle-do, hold on a sec.” There was silence on Johnny’s end. The pause long enough for Kuai to look back across at Hanzo, who was looking uneasy. “Alright. Me, Ko-Ko and some of his motley crew are gonna come get you. Just hang tight.”

“Thank you,” Kuai said sincerely, closing his eyes and trying to take a calming breath. It really was not working.

“Kuai Liang,” Hanzo softly started and Kuai’s eyes shot open as he snarled and levelled Hanzo with a glare. Hanzo actually took a step back at the sight.

“What part of “do not touch anything” did you not understand?” Kuai snapped. He was trying so hard to tell himself this wasn’t Hanzo’s fault, it was just a simple mistake, but fucking god this on top of last nights argument and Kuai was quite ready to throw Hanzo’s ass through the wall.

“I- I know, I didn’t think,” Hanzo began slowly but Kuai wasn’t having it.

“You just don’t get it do you?” Kuai snarled, storming up to Hanzo. “You never think before you do things! You just act regardless of how reckless it is, and then wonder why it goes wrong!” Kuai waved his arms around. “It was the same goddamn thing last night! You just did a thing without fucking thinking about if it could have gone badly.”

“That was different,” Hanzo replied defensively, suddenly no longer backing down and fighting back instead.

“How was it? You did something stupid. Almost got yourself killed. That’s exactly what you did now!”

“Oh, just because you’re a control freak who needs every single point of his missions planned out and then throws a fissy fit if it doesn’t go exactly the way you want!” It was Hanzo’s turn to wave his arms around. “News flash Kuai Liang, the world doesn’t fucking work like that!”

Kuai didn’t reply, just turned on his heel and walked away. He didn’t like this, he didn’t like the way this fucking mission had gone, he hated how things went out of his control and how they wouldn’t if Hanzo had just done the one single fucking thing he’d asked him to do.

“Where are you going?” Hanzo demanded.

“I’m not talking about this anymore,” Kuai replied, reaching the alter and sitting down on the floor in front of it and leaning his back against it.

“Yes, we are-“

“No. We are not.” Kuai growled, baring his teeth in warning. “We are not talking until Jonathan comes and gets us the fuck out of here.”

“You-“

“I’m not talking anymore,” Kuai interrupted, wishing to god his powers were working so he could just freeze himself and not have to listen anymore. “So fuck off and leave me alone.”

There was a moment of tense silence, before Hanzo finally bit out “fine.”

He stormed to the opposite end of the room, and sat down, facing the wall. Kuai wanted to laugh at how ridiculously petty it was, but his own anger stopped him. He pulled his legs to his chest, placing his head on his knees, hands tangled in his hair and trying to restrain himself from screaming incoherently.

Elder Gods, please let Johnny come soon.

This room was starting to feel like a tomb.

The air felt heavy, although it seemed something in the room was helping to regulate the airflow so they would not suffocate. The walls seemed so much taller than when they’d fallen, seemed a lot closer and tighter. Despite the glowing lights, he felt like this place was getting dark, almost as if a dimmer switch was slowly being turned down.

It reminded him of when the Lin Kuei used to trap him in a small room for days on end as a form of punishment. Somehow, that one didn’t even reach the top of his list of traumatic shit, it never really came up or bothered him. But when he was trapped like this? It was suffocating. He needed to get out of here soon before it all got too much.

He was beginning to regret snapping at Hanzo. At least if they were talking he’d have something to help distract him. He realised he was going to have to apologise.

“Hanzo,” he started softly, looking across at where the other man was still sat with him back to him. The only indication he had heard was a very slight twitch of his head. “I’m sorry.”

What?” Hanzo snarled, his head snapping around to Kuai.

“I said I’m sorry,” Kuai repeated, handing his head in his hands. “I’m sorry.”

“What are- Why are you apologising?” Before Kuai could say anything Hanzo was on his feet and coming towards him.

“Wha- I-“ Kuai scrambled to his feet before Hanzo reached him. “I snapped at you, I shouldn’t have and-“

“You always do this,” Hanzo said with a hiss, and Kuai looked at him not understanding what he meant. “Whenever we argue, you always apologise, even if you’re not the one in the wrong.”

“What?” Kuai didn’t understand why Hanzo was so mad about him apologising. Isn’t this what he was supposed to do when he lost his patience?

“Every time. Every fucking time.” Hanzo was directly in front of Kuai now. Kuai lent back against the alter to try to put some space between them. “What part of this situation do you need to apologise for?”

“Are you- Are you really arguing with me about apologising for an argument?” Kuai pointing out the absurdity of the situation did nothing. “Oh I don’t know Hanzo, how about the part where I shouted at you?”

“For a foolish mistake I made,” Hanzo countered. Kuai could see his fists clench. “So again, what part of this do you need to apologise for?”

“For the love of the Elder Gods, will you just accept the apology?” Kuai rubbed his temples.

“No.” Hanzo shook his head violently. “Why do you value yourself so fucking little that you apologise for everything?”

“Because apologising for shit I didn’t do is the only way I’ve survived this long.” Kuai winced at his own words, he hadn’t meant that to come out, let alone in such a way, but it was true, wasn’t it? He only survived the Lin Kuei by eventually relenting and grovelling. He only managed to stop Hanzo from killing him by apologising for Frost’s actions. He apologised for a slaughter he had no part in. He couldn’t remember one instance of anyone ever apologising to him. “If I don’t apologise, who the fuck will?”

“I tried earlier and you stopped me,” Hanzo pointed out and crossed his arms over his chest. It was true, Hanzo had clearly wanted to say something earlier but Kuai hadn’t been willing to hear it. Even now, he wasn’t sure he was willing to hear it.

You’ve never even apologised for murdering Bi-Han.

Kuai was so thankful he managed to keep that thought to himself. That was the sort of accusation he couldn’t come back from, especially when he knew Hanzo was already wracked with the guilt and had done so much to move on.

“I don’t know what you expect from me,” Kuai muttered finally looking away.

“I expect you to stop just submitting whenever things get rough between us.” Hanzo’s hand reached for Kuai’s chin trying to get him to look back at him. Kuai tried to resist. “I expect you to get angry at me when you should and hold a grudge until I apologise!”

So why didn’t you?

And he still wasn’t actually apologising for anything. He was just angry that Kuai had done it. He couldn’t fucking win.

“Kuai Liang,” Hanzo addressed. Kuai stayed firm, trying to blank him. “Are you ignoring me?”

“I’m doing what you want, holding a grudge.”

“This is not what I meant-“

“Then what do you expect me to do Hanzo?” Kuai finally looked around at him, trying to put as much loathing in his glare as possible. “I apologise, you flip out, I hold a grudge, you flip out. You claim to be the one who needs to apologise, then why haven’t you?”

Hanzo’s mouth turned into a snarl, and Kuai wondered if he’d finally done it. Pushed away the one good thing in his life by being stupidly stubborn about this weirdly minor issue. This is why he didn’t wait for others to apologise. Nothing good ever came from him not caving in.

He was taken aback when Hanzo dragged him forward, before smashing their lips together. Kuai gasped in surprise, giving Hanzo the opportunity to slip his tongue inside. Hanzo’s hands gripped his waist holding him in place. It was both comforting and absolutely infuriating.

Deciding he wasn’t about to be outdone, Kuai grabbed the back of Hanzo’s head, pulling him closer. Kissing back hungrily, like he was desperate for it. He wasn’t sure what he wanted, but he knew if Hanzo didn’t fuck his brains out right now then he’d really hold a grudge.

He pulled away long enough to smugly say “kissing me still isn’t an apology.”

He didn’t give Hanzo time to reply, as he was pushing their lips together. He tried balance his body weight to stay in place and not let Hanzo move him. Hanzo wasn’t playing fair however, he lifted Kuai into the air effortlessly and Kuai had to stop himself from kicking out at him. The next thing he knew Hanzo wasn’t kissing him anymore, and he had been flipped around. A hand between his shoulder blades forced his torso down against the alter. He braced his hands either side of his head as he felt Hanzo’s free hand reach to grope his ass.

“Safeword is red,” Hanzo growled, and Kuai resisted the urge to roll his eyes. It was nice though, knowing even with the anger fuelled adrenaline that Hanzo would stop at any point Kuai needed. And he knew he would, because it had happened before.

No matter how angry they were, the second that word escaped either of their lips, everything stopped.

Maybe it was foolish to have sex while furious at each other, but there was something that seemed to help them both work through the anger. To others it was probably unhealthy. To them? It was a safe outlet, where they both knew the rules and what to do when things got too far.

Besides, why punch the shit out of a punching bag when you could get railed so hard you can’t walk properly for a week? How was that even a choice?

Hanzo’s hand was yanking down Kuai’s pants, and Kuai felt the air hit his bare skin. Seconds later he felt the familiar sting of Hanzo slapping his ass. Kuai groaned, reaching back for the arm holding him down. Hanzo’s hand came down again, and again, alternating which cheek he was hitting. Kuai felt his face heating up, cooled somewhat by the stone alter beneath him.

“Sometimes I think you piss me off just to get me to do this,” Hanzo remarked as he delivered a particularly hard smack against Kuai’s skin. “Not that I’m complaining. Your ass always does look so much more beautiful with my handprints all over it.”

He couldn’t help but grin slightly, because he did sometimes do things to get this reaction. Hanzo’s anger seemed to always fall into two categories, murderous rage and horniness, and Kuai knew which buttons he needed to press for the latter. This time wasn’t on purpose, this was just a somewhat nicer way for their argument to be going. He preferred this to whatever circle they were going in previously.

Hanzo gave one more harsh slap before growling, “stay.”

Kuai weighed up moving, just to piss him off further, but decided against it when both of Hanzo’s hands grabbed his ass and began to part them. He heard Hanzo spit, and seconds later, a wetness drip down against his hole. Then there was a finger, pushing against the rim and spreading the saliva around. The finger threatened to push inside, but Kuai making a somewhat pained sound stopped it.

Then those hands were off him, and Kuai turned his head just in time to see Hanzo pulling a vial out of his pocket. Kuai knew the yellowish liquid inside had to be oil and he couldn’t help smirking.

“You seem to be prepare for this,” he taunted, watching as Hanzo poured some over his fingers. “Were you hoping this would happen?”

“Every time we argue, we end up having sex,” Hanzo echoed some of Kuai’s earlier thoughts, as his fingers were back and probing at Kuai’s entrance. “Might as well be prepared for the inevitable.”

Kuai’s snort was cut off by a strangled whine as Hanzo pushed two of his fingers inside. Kuai clenched his fists as he felt those digits exploring his insides. Hanzo didn’t seem to be in the mood for foreplay today, no teasing and working Kuai up, just stretching him out so that nothing would be too uncomfortable. As soon as he was able, Hanzo was pushing in a third finger and a forth, using them to spread the oil and scissoring him open.

When he felt Hanzo’s hands retreat, Kuai chanced rolling over onto his back. He just about caught Hanzo unzipping his pants, bringing his dick out and pouring the oil over it. He stroked himself a couple of times, smearing the oil over, before reaching for Kuai’s legs. He split them, before throwing them over his shoulders. As his cock began to push against Kuai’s hole, his hand reached for Kuai’s neck, fingers wrapping around his throat and lightly squeezing.

“You look like a sacrifice on this alter,” Hanzo commented just as his cock began to breach his walls. “An offering for whatever deity this forsaken temple belongs to.”

“Not much of one,” Kuai muttered, hoping it was low enough for Hanzo to not hear, but when the hand clamped his throat tighter and Hanzo pushed the rest of himself inside Kuai with one rough thrust, he knew it was more audible than he’d wanted.

“You are more than any God deserves,” Hanzo snarled, almost immediately rocking into a fast pace. He was aiming in different directions, clearly trying to find that one spot that drove Kuai to the edge. “You are more than I deserve.”

“We’ve been through this,” Kuai said between grunts. He reached one hand to grip Hanzo’s wrist, while his other went down to his cock. “You don’t get to decide that for me.” Kuai moaned, as with the first stroke of his cock, Hanzo hit his prostate. “Even if you do piss me off sometimes.”

I piss you off?” Hanzo laughed, his free hand making it’s way to Kuai’s hip, holding him in place as his brutal pace was accompanied by impeccable aim. “Aren’t you the one who’s always pushing his luck?”

Kuai wanted to argue his case, but found his mind was starting to blank a little. All he could think was how he wanted more, wanted it harder, wanted Hanzo’s cock to keep splitting him apart. His own hand stroked his cock, trying to match the one inside him. Every time Hanzo’s pelvis hit his sore ass, it just reminded him why he loved Hanzo so much.

He remembered just why he had been so angry.

Maybe with a clearer head, he’s be able to communicate that better now.

His back arched off the alter as he came, his cum squirting up and staining his clothes, although he was too blissed out to worry about how he was going to clean it off later. He clenched around Hanzo, and as usual that was enough for Hanzo to reach climax too. Hanzo’s hips spluttered in jerky motions, before he finally released Kuai from his grip and pulled out. Kuai felt some of Hanzo’s cum leaking out of him, and then a finger running along, gathering it up and pressing it back inside.

”It is rude to refuse an offering, Kuai Liang,” Hanzo gently chastised, slipping his fingers out, satisfied that no more of his cum would leak out of Kuai’s ass.

He didn’t move from his position on the alter, even as he felt Hanzo let his legs down, dropping until they hung off the edge of the alter. Hanzo crawled up onto it, settling down next to him. His arm wrapped around Kuai’s chest as they both lay back panting.

“I hope whichever deity this temple belongs to doesn’t find what we just did blasphemous,” Kuai joked, hoping that the joke would be a clear sign that he’d settled down. He was thankful when Hanzo laughed in turn. Once again, rough sex had saved the day.

“If I were them, I would be enjoying the show,” Hanzo rumbled, pulling Kuai to him. “I am sorry, by the way.” Hanzo pushed his forehead against Kuai’s temple. “I know I fucked up this mission.”

“I just worry, Hanzo,” Kuai softly replied. It was amazing, once the anger had been cleared from his mind, how much easier it was to articulate why he’d reacted that way. “You rush headfirst into danger without thinking, and I’m scared one day you won’t come back out.” He moved his own arms to wrap around Hanzo’s shoulders. “I don’t want to loose you.”

“I know, I promise I’ll work on it,” Hanzo claimed pressing a kiss to Kuai’s forehead. “I spend so much time scared of the idea of you dying on me, I don’t stop to consider that you have that same fear with me.”

“You don’t have to work on it alone,” Kuai mentioned, “we can find a way that works for both of us.”

“I’d like that,” Hanzo purred. Kuai closed his eyes, feeling content until Hanzo suddenly flicked his forehead. Ow! “You also need to work on not apologising when you’ve done nothing wrong.”

Kuai sighed, “I know.” He worked his head toward Hanzo’s neck, it was his favourite place to settle down at. He could listen to the steady rhythm of Hanzo’s breathing, while having somewhere he could comfortably rest his head. “It really has been a survival technique, and the longer things go without an apology, the more I worry that there will never be one and the outcome will be bad.”

“I’m sorry that I triggered that fear in you,” Hanzo said, placing his chin on top of Kuai’s head. “I promise that I am never going to leave you, no matter what. You can be as angry as you want, and scream as much as you need to, it will not change my love for you. I will take it, and I will not think any less of you for it.” He squeezed Kuai. “I take a while to apologise, because it takes me time to find the right words. You will get one, you will always get one, you just have to give me time.”

“I understand.” Kuai closed his eyes again. “I will try to find a coping mechanism for my anxiety regarding it.”

“That’s all I can ask of you.”

There was a comfortable silence for a few minutes, Kuai just appreciating the conversation they’d just managed to have. He really would work on the coping mechanism, maybe his therapist would know some techniques he could use. It seemed Hanzo would take Kuai’s concerns seriously too. Despite this mission seemingly being a disaster on the surface, it might have been a blessing in disguise.

“How long do you think it’ll be before we’re rescued?” Hanzo suddenly asked and Kuai chuckled to himself. He’d been so wrapped up in everything that he had almost forgot their current predicament.

“I don’t know, but I hope we have time to get cleaned up first.”

Thankfully, by the time the panels of the ceiling above them began to be pryed open, they had both managed to put everything back into place.

Well, Kuai had a few suspect white stains on his clothes and was developing bruises on his neck, but other than that he looked presentable.

They stood, looking up when they finally found a familiar face looking down at them.

“Ah! There you guys are!” Johnny greeted with a wave. “Don’t worry my damsels in distress, your Prince Charming has arrived.”

“Yes, please do give Kotal Kahn my thanks,” Kuai teased with a smirk, enjoying the offended gasp from Johnny.

“Oi! I can leave you down there, you know,” Johnny claimed, and yet Kuai could see him taking a rope offered to him. Seconds later it was thrown down to them.

After Kuai tested if it could take his weight, he grasped the rope and began to shimmy up. He continued all the way up, until high enough for Johnny to offer his hand. The other man helped haul him up, and once Kuai was back on solid ground, he glanced down to see Hanzo climbing up after him.

“I see you two made up while you were waiting” Johnny said smugly, pointing at Kuai’s neck. All he could do was roll his eyes, before turning to offer Hanzo his hand and help pull him up.

“I suppose given the situation, you weren’t able to find much about the temple?” Kotal asked, finally coming to join them as Hanzo was pulled out of the hole.

“Not a lot but there is a carving on the alter that I’ve roughly translated as Vykra,” Kuai explained, turning to look at Kotal just in time to see the contemplative look on his face. “Does that mean something to you, your majesty?”

“Vykra is a Goddess who it was believed the cryomancers might have worshipped,” Kotal began, walking around the hole to look at the inscription himself. “However after they went extinct, all documentation on their beliefs and worship system was destroyed.” Kotal looked back to them before adding, “I suppose this temple is the only thing that survived, and finally proves that she was their patron Goddess.”

“Vykra, huh?” Johnny asked, putting one hand on his chin and the other on his hip. “I assume a Goddess of like, snow or ice or something equally as cold, right?”

“Curiously enough, no.” That caught Kuai’s attention. Like Johnny he’d assumed that his ancestors would have worshipped an ice deity. “Lady Vykra is the Goddess of Sex and Fertility.”

Kuai had no idea why he felt his face heat up at that. Who’d have thought that his long lost race worshipped a Goddess with that as her specialty? He clearly still had a lot to learn about the Cryomancer’s society.

“So,” Johnny said in a long drawn out way like he was thinking. “The Cryomancers worshipped a sex goddess?”

“That explains so much,” Hanzo murmured under his breath, followed by a quick “oof,” as Kuai’s elbow collided with his ribs.

Johnny began to laugh, and much to Kuai’s horror, even Kotal looked amused. His face felt even hotter. I’m not that horny dammit. He was lying and he knew it. Although, with this revelation, maybe there was more to Kuai’s overactive sex drive than he initially realised. He definitely needed to do more research on this subject.

Well, at least she probably won’t hold a grudge against me and Hanzo for fucking in her temple.

“Regardless, I think given the circumstances, we should call an end to this expedition.” Kotal made his way back to them, hands behind his back. “Thankfully we have full access now, so we will be able to examine this place closer in the future.”

“Would it be amiss for me to request to accompany you and your men in the future?” Kuai asked, and Kotal tilted his head. “I am very interested in learning more about my species, this temple may help me with accomplishing that task.”

“Then of course, you are welcome on any of our future investigations.” Kuai bowed in thanks, as Kotal returned the gesture. “For now however, we should return to the palace.”

There was a quiet murmur of agreement, as the three Earthrealmer’s allowed Kotal to lead the way back out of the temple. As Kuai reached the doorway to the hall, a strange feeling overcame him, hairs at the back of his neck standing and a shudder down his spine. He looked over his shoulder, and felt his breath hitch in surprise at what he saw.

A lady was stood leaning against the alter. She was scantily clad in pink cloth, long white hair in duel plaits and several glowing tattoos that almost looked like hearts. She was staring at Kuai with a smile on her face, and it did not take a genius to know who she was.

“Lady Vykra?” He questioned, she laughed in return, looking him up and down before winking at him while blowing him a kiss.

Kuai turned back to check if anyone else was seeing this, but the others were halfway down the hall already. When he checked the alter again, she was gone.

He stared at the empty space, before realising he was going to fall behind. He began back down the corridor, pace a little faster than usual in order to catch him. His mind was racing, but oddly not in a bad way. He was excited almost. He smirked to himself as he exited Vykra’s temple.

He had a feeling that this would not be the last time he saw her.

⊰ Last FicSubScorp Week 2022Next Fic ⊱
⏎Return To SubScorp Week 2022 Masterlist⏎