Crashed The Wedding

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 1122 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Interrupting a wedding, Confession of love, “I object” cliche, Implied political marriage, Y’know what this one is tame and sweet and fluffy, Left whoever Kuai is marrying vague you can put anyone you want in that spot
❥Prompt: Crashed The Wedding - Busted

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Hanzo revved the engine of his bike, trying to go as fast as he possibly could, even if it was a little over the speed limit. It didn't matter, he just needed to get to the church before it was too late. He needed to tell Kuai Liang how he felt about him. He knew he'd taken too long to come to this conclusion, but if he did not tell Kuai now, he'd spend the rest of his life regretting it.

He guessed it just sucked he was going to do it on Kuai's wedding day.

Hanzo knew deep down Kuai did not love his future husband. It was very much a business influenced marriage on the part of his father. But Kuai's family had never liked Hanzo, so it was likely a way to keep him away for good too. And he was ashamed to admit it almost worked. Kuai's father had almost convinced him that this was for Kuai's happiness, and that Hanzo could never give Kuai what the truly needed. Now he realised what bullshit that was, and he could only hope that he could get there in time to set things right.

He pulled up his bike outside the church, jumping off and tearing his helmet from his head and threw it to the floor. His legs worked as hard as they could to make a mad rush towards the church doors. As his hands slammed into them and they swung open slightly he just about heard the priest say "or forever hold your peace". He'd made it just at the right time it seemed.

"I object!" He screamed dramatically as he entered, standing triumphant at the churches entrance.

He could hear shocked gasps all around, and one particularly loud "Holy shit" which Hanzo immediately recognised as Johnny Cage. At the alter, Kuai had turned around, mouth parted at the sight of Hanzo. He was wearing a white suit, looked absolutely beautiful and handsome in it. To Kuai's side, his father, brother and best friend stood. Both Bi-Han and his father looked outraged, while Tomas just looked shell shocked.

Hanzo ran up the isle, ignoring the whispers of the people who had come to witness this union. Kuai jogged a little to meet him part of the way.

"Hanzo? What are you doing here?" Kuai asked when they were close enough. Hanzo stumbled as he rushed to get down on one knee, reached with both hands for one of Kuai's.

"I'm sorry, I could not live my life without telling you-" he took a deep breath, "I love you." Kuai's eyes widened at the statement. "I'm sorry, I never told you before. I was a fucking idiot not to. I wake up every morning, and you are the first thing on my mind. I go to sleep and wish to god you were in my arms."

He felt his eyes sting, holding Kuai's hand just a little tighter. "I let your father convince me this wedding was for the greater good and that staying away from you was the best for your happiness, but it's not." He tried to judge Kuai's reaction, but aside from him being slightly rigid it was hard to tell what the other man was thinking. "This wedding is nothing but a business opportunity for your father, and I know you. You will never be happy trapped in a loveless political marriage."

He looked down to the floor, bowing his head slightly, somehow unable to bear Kuai's stare. "And I know I have no right. I can't say for definite you'd be happier with me, but I know damn well you deserve far fucking better than this!" He shook his head, feeling his hands begin to tremble slightly. "You deserve someone who will adore you, someone who can make you laugh and smile, and make you feel like the beautiful person you are. I love you, but if you tell me to walk out that door I will, I just couldn't stand to let this happen without trying to tell you how I feel."

He panted, feeling a tear roll down his cheek, still staring at Kuai's feet. "I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry I-"

A finger was pushed to his lips. When he looked up, he was greeted with Kuai's face, cheeks red and eyes wet with tears. His mouth was curled upwards into a smile and his eyes... his eyes were full of nothing by adoration.

"You had me at 'I object'."

Those words sunk in so deep Hanzo felt like he couldn't breathe. He let out a hysterical laugh, jumping back onto his feet, one hand still clutching Kuai's while the other cupped his cheek. Kuai's free hand covered the one on his cheek, and he lent in close. Hanzo took the hint, meeting Kuai's lips with his own. As they shared this kiss, another fresh wave of scandalised whispers filled the church, drowned out by a very loud exclamation of "oh hell yes" that was definitely Johnny again.

They pulled away, Kuai's smile was the most genuine it had been in months. "I love you too, Hanzo."

"Kuai Liang," Kuai's fathers voice growled in warning. Both Kuai and Hanzo looked over, to where the elder man was walking towards them with much purpose. Likely to separate them and get the marriage finalised.

Hanzo shared a look with Kuai, who shot him a sly grin. Hanzo understood the meaning fully. Squeezing each other's hand they began to run in unison towards the door. Behind them he could hear Kuai's family call out for them to come back, on either side of the isle people where scrambling to stand as they passed. From the corner of his eye, Hanzo could see Johnny standing on his chair, holding his phone up and clearly filming the spectacle.

They barrelled through the doors, Hanzo reaching to scoop up his helmet as they ran up to his motorbike. As Hanzo returned his helmet to his head while Kuai grabbed the spare from the luggage rack. By the time Kuai's father had made it to the doors, both of them were sat on the bike, with Hanzo starting up the engine. As he pulled away, he couldn't resist the urge to flip the bird. Speeding away, Hanzo felt Kuai clinging to him, resting his head against Hanzo's shoulder blades. The dark cover of the helmet hid the smile on his face.

He was glad he crashed the wedding.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎