Sk8er Boi

❥Pairing: Cassie Cage/Frost/Kira
❥Word Count: 793 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Modern/Musician AU, Polyamory (F/F/F), Frost is the adopted daughter of Kuai Liang
❥Prompt: Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Frost played a series of chord's on her guitar. She groaned when it sounded awful, clearly her guitar had gotten out of tune again. She was still not unconvinced that it didn't keep going out of tune because Cassie was tampering with it to mess with her. Cassie was the kind of bitch to do that.

As she started to attempt to get the guitar back in tune she looked across at her two girlfriends. Cassie was lying on her back on the couch, staring at a notebook in her hands, looking like she was really concentrating on something. Kira meanwhile was at her drum kit, tapping out a random rhythm in an attempt to warm up.

“What if... We did a song about like... The girls in high school who turned us down except now we're in a band and cool and they totally missed their chances with us?” Cassie suddenly questioned writing something down in the notebook.

Kira paused her drumming, scrunching up her face, “Isn't that just Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne?”

“Yeah but gayer,” Cassie said with a shrug. Kira rolled her eyes and returned to drumming. “C'mon, don't you wanna stick it to the girls who turned me down in high school?”

“Not particularly,” Frost said with a shrug.

“Sounds a bit too much like bragging for my liking,” Kira added, seemingly having found her rhythm and drumming out a steady beat.

“What's the point of having two hot girlfriends if I'm not aloud to brag that I have two hot girlfriends?” Cassie complained.

Frost stopped and thought about that for a second. “I mean, to be fair I brag about you two all the time...”

Kira stopped drumming again and looked across at her, “Wait you do?”

“I've never heard you.” Cassie sat up and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well obviously I don't do it when your actually around!” Frost rolled her eyes and turned to face her open bedroom door. “Dad! C'mere a sec!”

There was the sound of footsteps across the house, and seconds later, her adoptive father's head was poking around the door. “Hello?”

“Hi Kuai Liang!” Cassie and Kira said in unison, all sweetness and light, as they waved at him.

“Hello girls,” Kuai greeted as if he hadn't known they were there, despite having been the one to let them in the house and even fixed them up with snacks earlier. “Sorry, did you need something?”

“How often do I brag about the fact I've got two girlfriends?” Frost questioned, and Kuai finally actually stepped into the doorway, looking slightly confused by the line of questioning.

“Well, I'm not sure if brag is the right word...” Kuai lent against the door frame, lips pursed, and slowly nodding for some reason, “But it does come up in conversation rather a lot I must admit.”

“See?” Frost turned back to her girlfriends. Kira looked unconvinced, but Cassie looked a little frustrated.

“Okay then, how come you're aloud to brag about your two hot girlfriend's and I'm not?” Cassie pouted, raising her shoulders and somehow crossing her arms even tighter.

“You're allow to brag about your two hot girlfriends,” Frost reasoned.

“Uh... Was... This all you needed me for?” Kuai asked, looking like he definitely felt he shouldn't be stood there right at this moment.

“Ah, yeah kinda. Sorry.” Frost shot him as apologetic a look as she could muster. “Hope I didn't disturb you too much.”

“No. No's it's fine, I was just doing important paper work, that's all,” Kuai sighed dramatically as he turned to leave.

“Bye Kuai Liang!” Cassie and Kira yelled in unison again.

“Bye girls!” Frost could just about hear the chuckle in her fathers voice as he disappeared once more.

She turned back to her girlfriends, Cassie having finally returned to laying back on the couch. “Sooooo, Avril Lavigne but gay?”

“Fine,” Kira whined dramatically. “Write your Sk8er Boi rip off song, just leave my name off it cause I don't wanna get sued!”

“Sk8er girls it is then,” Cassie said triumphantly, as she passionately started to scribble something down.

“Girls spelt G-R-R-L-S I hope,” Frost joked, ignoring disapproving whine from Kira.

“Oh hell yeah!” Cassie replied, Kira whined again.

"Don't know why I'm dating either of you," Kira muttered under her breath, "You're both idiots."

"Yeah but we're you're idiots!" Cassie blew Kira a kiss as she spoke and the red haired girl rolled her eyes, but Frost saw the small smirk on her face.

In retrospect, getting to stick it to others that these two were her girls would be rather satisfying.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎