I Wouldn't Mind

❥Pairing: Hanzo Hasashi/Kuai Liang/Harumi Hasashi
❥Word Count: 453 Words
❥Rating: Teen
❥Warnings: Harumi Lives AU, Polyamory (M/M/F), Brief mention of the Shirai Ryu Massacre, Play fighting between partners
❥Prompt: I Wouldn't Mind - He Is We

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Forever was a long time.

Harumi Hasashi didn't like to think about that. After the Shirai Ryu massacre she refused to look further than the immediate future. Life could be taken away so easily, cut so short, never sure if forever would ever actually happen. She was too afraid of loosing everyone she cared for. Forever was a long time, and she couldn't bare the thought of living that alone.

The sound of laughter caught her attention. She all but abandoned the laundry as she followed it around to where she knew her husband's and children were training. As she peered around the side of the building and had to cover her mouth with her hand to stop herself from bursting out laughing.

Hanzo had somehow, in the heat of friendly battle, managed to sling Kuai over his shoulder. Satoshi and Takeda were laughing like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. Kuai on the other hand didn't seem anywhere near as amused by it.

“Hasashi, put me down this instant,” Kuai ordered, sounding exasperated, and unfortunately for him this only made the children laugh harder. “Hanzo!”

“Okay then, since you asked so nicely.” Harumi just about caught the dark smirk on Hanzo's face, seconds before he unceremoniously dropped Kuai, causing the former Lin Kuei to give a yelp of surprise.

Kuai let out a little “oof,” as he hit the floor, and Harumi could just about hear him muttering in Mandarin, assuming they were mostly swear words. The children were still giggling, and once Harumi was satisfied Kuai was unharmed she couldn't help her own chuckle. Hanzo was looking awfully smug as well.

Then Hanzo made the mistake of turning his back on the Cryomancer, now Kuai's turn to give an evil grin, he jumped to his feet and leapt at Hanzo. Wrapping his arms around Hanzo's shoulders and legs around his waist, Kuai clung to him as Hanzo let out an undignified squeak.

“Hahaha! Vengeance is mine!” Kuai exclaimed as he clung on for dear life.

“Oh, you are such a child,” Hanzo called back, trying to buck Kuai off him, only to find Kuai's grip was unyielding. Still he was laughing almost as much as the children were, and Kuai gave his own cackle when Hanzo failed once again to throw him off.

Seeing the two men smile so naturally, it was like fireworks going off in her heart. She couldn't believe that every day she got to wake up to those smiles. Despite her trepidation she felt for the future, those smiles made her feel a little less afraid.

Forever was a long time, but she really wouldn't mind spending it by their sides.

⊰ Last FicSong Inspired ShortsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Song Inspired Shorts Masterlist⏎