What Do You Remember?

❥Pairing: N/A
❥Word Count: 539 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Modern AU, Amnesia, Trying to get someone to remember, Implied abduction/imprisonment, Missing person being found
❥Prompt: A Childhood Bedroom

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

As Bi-Han guided Kuai into the room, he watched intently hoping for a spark of recognition. Anything that indicated Kuai remembered something. But his little brother’s face was blank.

He didn’t remember any of this.

“Dìdì, this is your room, remember?” He prompted, gesturing around. There had to be something in this room that’d spark a memory. He spotted blue fur across the room and immediately went towards it. “Here! Look, do you remember Péngsōng?” He picked the small blue dragon plushie and rushed back to Kuai’s side. He held her out to him, yet still he looked at her like he’d never seen her before. “When we were kids, we went to this festival. You saw Péngsōng as a prize and fell completely in love with her. So I spent all my money making sure I won her for you!” Bi-Han laughed at the memory. God, he still remembered the glee on little Kuai’s face when he held that toy close for the first time. “You never let her go after that. Do you remember?”

Kuai lifted a shaky hand to take Péngsōng from Bi-Han. His face was tight and full of regret. Like he was trying his hardest and yet he still didn’t have any answers.

“I- I’m sorry,” Kuai hiccuped, as he stared down at Péngsōng. “I don’t remember any of this.”

Bi-Han sucked in a breath. When he’d gotten the call that they’d found Kuai, he was so elated. He knew that after 5 years, he’d have to have some sort of trauma. He didn’t expect his own brother to look at him like a stranger. He had Kuai back physically, but his little brother was still gone, and the doctors didn’t know if they’d ever get him truly back.

Oh, Dìdì… What the hell happened to you?

“What do you remember?” Bi-Han tried asking. He’d been advised not to push too hard, but he needed to know. If there was even a trace of something he remembered before waking up in the hospital, Bi-Han could use it.

Kuai’s face dropped, eyes unfocused and in Péngsōng’s direction, but it was almost like he was looking through her. Oh shit, he’d gone too far.

“Kuai Liang?” Bi-Han asked, walking up and touching Kuai’s shoulder. Kuai’s eyes shot up to Bi-Han, wide and holy shit, he looked terrified. “Kuai?”

“Chains,” Kuai whispered, his lip wobbling as his whole body began to shake. “I was- there were chains. Around my wrists.” He shook his head, his breathing getting heavy. “W-Why do I remember being kept in chains?”

Bi-Han’s emotions all battled for dominance. Part of him wanted to vomit. Another scream and punch a wall. He wanted to burst into tears and hold his little brother so close. He wanted to walk out of this house and hunt out whoever the fuck was responsible for that memory.

The hope that Kuai had just wandered off and hit his head was dimming.

Bi-Han didn’t say anything, just pulled his brother into a tight hug. He couldn’t believe the relief he felt when Kuai hugged him back.

He silently vowed that whoever did this, he would find them, and he would make them regret the day they hurt his brother.

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎