Pickpocket

❥Pairing: Johnny Cage/Kuai Liang
❥Word Count: 366 Words
❥Rating: Mature
❥Warnings: Attempted Theft, Implied homelessness, Implied Starvation, Johnny is a good guy, Kuai is just in a bad place
❥Prompt: Pickpocket Someone

Mirror Links

AO3Tumblr

Johnny was sure this guy thought he had been slick.

Bumping into him and apologising profusely. Trying to distract from the fact his hand had slipped into Johnny’s pocket to grab his wallet. Yeah, real slick, it might have actually worked on someone else. Someone who wasn’t a trained actor who’d had to act out this very scene in a recent movie.

Johnny’s reaction times were surprisingly swift at times. Case and point, the second Johnny felt his pocket shift, he grabbed the man's wrist.

Johnny’s eyes met bright blue ones that looked back at him in shock. He couldn’t help but smirk just how much of a deer in headlights the man looked.

“Y’know, I don’t care about you bumping into me, but tryin’ to take my wallet is a bit rude,” he said, watching the man's mouth open and close a few times like he was struggling for a response.

“I- I- I’m sorry,” he stuttered out, trying to yank his arm away. “It was a mistake.”

“Mm hm,” Johnny hummed, not quite believing it.

Although, now that he was looking at this guy, he did look worse for wear. Not just the large bags under his eyes or the mess of his hair, but the large bruise over his one eye. His clothes look a few sizes too big for him, and now that Johnny thought about it, his wrist felt way smaller than it should have.

“Were you… trying to get money to eat?” Johnny asked. The man made a wounded sound and immediately looked away in embarrassment. That told everything Johnny needed to go. He sighed, and gently tugged on his arm. “C’mon, there’s a cafe round the corner that makes killer paninis.”

“I- What?” The man asked, clearly suspicious Johnny was just trying to trick him and turn him into the police.

“If you're hungry, I’ll get you something to eat.” Johnny tugged on the man’s arm again, and this time he actually started to follow him. “Name’s Johnny, by the way.”

The man mumbled something before speaking a little louder, “I’m Kuai Liang.”

“Nice t’meet cha,” Johnny said cheerfully. “Now then Kuai Liang, what’s your favourite kind of panini?”

⊰ Last FicShort FicsNext Fic ⊱
⏎Return To Short Fics Masterlist⏎